Tuesday 15 March 2011

Do or Diorama!

This is my first attempt at a diorama card, and I had a lot of fun making it, with a few small headaches on the way, lol Basically it's a flat back and a window front, with concertina'd sides that allow you to fix different elements at different levels inside the card. I made a file for the whole thing and cut it on my Cricut, along with the "dream" letters, the house and the birds.

Apart from that it was basically memento, distress ink and promarker wizardry (well, as close as I can get to wizardry anyway! lol)

11 comments :

Nancy said...

Oh, Dan .. I LOVE this! LOVE IT!!!!

misteejay said...

That is really clever and very effective.

Toni :o)

Scrappy~Sarah said...

really great Dan :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love the depth you created! Awesome!

Minxy said...

Very cool and very effective, i like it alot :D

Sheree said...

Love the title as much as the card! Very fun

Lyn said...

This is excellent and a technique I've toyed with for ages, but not plucked up the courage. You've inspired me!

Barb said...

Never heard of Diorama... It looks great! Thanks for sharing.

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Ooooo I missed this when you posted it!!!
It looks fab and I want to play now !!!!LOL :D
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card and the new freebie :D
J xx

Heidi said...

All right! I DO love how you used it! LOL. I should have surfed our blog first. Thanks for sharing this file!

Sue in CT said...

I love the layered look of this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails