Tuesday 1 March 2011

ArtsyCrafts Workshops, Part 1

As some of may know (because you saw me there - or heard me, I seem to be recognised by my voice a lot!) I went on the ArtsyCrafts Workshop last week. This was a 2.5 hours class with the awesome Lin and Leandra and a 4 hour class with Tim Holtz himself!

Needless to say, a wonderful time was had by one and all - many, many thanks to all involved for their tireless hard work and preparation for this great event! I'll show the Tim Holtz project in part 2 (I've got a few finishing touches to add to it), but shown above is the project we made in the class with Lin and Leandra. Great fun to make and I got to use some cool new products - PaperArtsy's new range of chalk acrylic paint, metallic "goop" and metal card among them. They even gave me a "boy" alternate to use instead of the dangling pearl embellishment it featured (nice, but not really my "thing" lol)! I have to say, I think it's one of the nicest things I've ever made in a class!

17 comments :

Sue in CT said...

OMG I love it!!!!!

Kathy Kurth said...

That is so cool! You are so lucky to have been a part of that!

Mariannes gjenbruk said...

It turn out so nice Dan! Loved meeting you to and I will see you again in one Arsty Craft class - this is not my last time;-) I just have to save up some more money.....

misteejay said...

Dan that is amazing. What super colours.

Glad you had a great time and look forward to seeing "part 2"

Toni :o)

Sid said...

Great piece, you chose the same colourway as I did too !!

yoursartfully said...

Aw, thanks for your very kind words Dan. So glad that you enjoyed your day.....we did too!

Lin

Karen said...

Great piece. Wasn't it a fab day?!
I love how everyone's art came out different too: Love the reds in yours.
I was in first Thursday group and I'm the loon who stopped you, literally as we crossed paths, blurting out 'Hels, Dan, recognise you from your blogs' and then carried on!
Would have liked to chat, maybe another time :)

Helen said...

Love this, Dan - fabulous colours you chose too.

Andrea said...

Dan that looks just a great class and your artworks fantastic as ever, hope your feeling better to xx

Artyjen said...

Lovely colours....can't wait to see the configuration.
xoxo sioux

Kaz Hall said...

it was amazing wasnt it! I was there on the thurday anfd have to agree its one of the best things I have ever made. Love your colour combo too thanks for sharing x
kazx

Dorothy said...

Cool Dan!

Denise said...

Hi Dan-Love the colours you've used in your project.I couldn't get tickets to N Pagnall but managed to get one for Tim's class at Art from the Heart in Harrogate where we made a book- loved it.I also went to Artsycrafts last May with Lin and Leandra - loved that too !

Anonymous said...

Love the colours on your tryptich Dan! Was nice to catch up with you
Alison

ktbearn@comcast.net said...

I love your grunge paper roses. Would love to have the svg. file.
Thanks in advance for this.
katie--novice cricuter.

Hettie said...

Love your house. Again, same stuff but different look!
Hettie

Sheelagh Tomsett said...

Love it, and the substitute for pearl dangle. I went to Fri morning class, off now to look around your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails