Wednesday 16 March 2011

All Work and No Play...

This was one of those times I like the best, when I just sit down at my desk and start to play with no clear idea in mind of what I'm aiming for :) It doesn't always make for the best results, but it's a lot of fun!

The tag background was brown and red acrylic paint applied with a baby wipe in broad strokes. I deliberately chose to use stamps that don't get as much of an airing as some others, so it was fun to get to know them again. All stamping was with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, and colouring courtesy of Promarkers, a white paint pen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The photo came from Tim Holtz's Lost and Found card stack, and was torn, sanded and scratched before being fixed in place with a screw-topped brad.

As ever, click on the image for a better view! :)

8 comments :

misteejay said...

Lovely piece Dan. That is a super stamp that you have used at the top left hand side and the 'ticket' is perfect with it's sentiment "Time to Play".

Toni :o)

Sid said...

Lovely tag Dan !

Handmade Hannah said...

Everything on this tag works so well together and I really like how you have distressed the photo from the paper pack.
I too love those times when you sit down at your desk and you are not sure what will be the end result.I find when I HAVE to create to something for someone/something I feel the pressure and I never like what I have created. Think I am going to have one of those days today-I have a commission for something. Must think positive creative thoughts! Thanks for sharing your work today :)

Tracie H said...

Fab tag Dan - love the ticket stamps.

Katherine said...

Great tag, love all the stamping and colouring....and also the spotty Dan that appeared as I was reading your post :D

MiniOwner said...

LOVE this, Dan!
Sue x

Jen said...

Awesome tag!!!

Sue in CT said...

Very nice. I love the tickets on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails