Tuesday 8 March 2011

Moi? Je ne suis pas branché!

Which is to say "Me? I'm not trendy!", and believe me, I'm not! LOL (A fact that I'm sure can be vouched for by those who know me!) But I did think this guy from one of the PaperArtsy Urban Snapshot plates is kinda cool looking, hence the "branché" on the tag.

I sat down to start work on this with absolutely no idea in my head as to what I was going to do, other than start out by spraying colour onto a blank tag. I tipped a load of metal stencil letters onto my desk to see what I could spell with them and the word "branché" just jumped out at me, which tied in nicely with the choice of stamp for the main figure :) I've also been listening to a bit of french music in the last couple of days so I'm sure there's a residual influence there too!

I sprayed the tag with Cranberry and Stream Color Wash sprays and then laid down some of the stencil letters and sprayed again with Sunset Orange. The top panel is a leftover piece from a sheet from the Tim Holtz "Crowded Attic" card stack. The guy was stamped seperately and cut out then fixed in place and coloured with Promarkers. I used the stencils with a white pen to spell out the word, and then doodled a bit with black and white pens. I stamped the star, cut it out and fixed it in place, then finally edged the whole tag with some Walnut Stain distress ink.

As ever, click the image for a better view! :)

5 comments :

misteejay said...

Your virtual self has certainly taken to the outfit LOL

Great tag Dan.

Toni :o)

Sid said...

Very nice the penwork is really effective !!

Andrea said...

love this Dan and your little mini me on the side x

voodoo vixen said...

You know I only come by to see the wee mannie pop out of the side in some new outfit, don't you? LOL
Love your tag, he does look pretty hip with hair like that, lovely tag, as always Dan.

Claire said...

I wish my aimless playing about would turn out like that. Your virtual self looks very trendy indeed.
C
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails