Monday 14 March 2011

It's Written in the Stars!

The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week is "Stars". This is actually the 2nd piece I've made for this theme - I didn't like the first one so I scrapped it and went back to square one!

I lightly "limed" the wood frame by painting it white and then sanding most of the paint off. I covered the box with a sheet from Tim Holtz's Retro Grunge card stack and trimmed the edges with tissue tape. The panels were coloured with paint dabbers applied with a wet wipe to spread the colour out more and give a lined effect. The edges of each panel were distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Stamp sets used included Bitty Grunge, Winged Things II, Regal Findings, and Steampunk, all by Tim Holtz@Stampers Anonymous.

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)


16 comments :

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Awesome piece this week, Dan! Love the images and the vibrant colors. Terrific take on the stars challenge!

Sharon said...

Wow this is great and it has a real "male" feel to it which can be hard to achieve LOL as we all normally find making "feminine" things easier!! I love it!

Julian said...

Absolutely stunning... this is luminous. Love everything from the way you've worked the frame through to the distressed stars in the roof to the bold colours in each stamped piece. It blows me away. Bravo!

misteejay said...

For a moment I thought you had created a slide show of this piece - then I realised it was 'virtual Dan' arriving at the side LOL

Great piece Dan, the stars give it a bit of a Christmassy feel.

Toni :o)

Sid said...

Love your celestial box Dan....looks fab decorated !!

Hels Sheridan said...

Tis... stunning!! Loving all those ickle stars and I love the mini Dan on the side of your blog.. so cool!! x

Candy C said...

Dan...this is just amazing! As you already know, I LOVE your piece! The way you used your paints but left the stars white so that they would pop is PERFECT! This is such a neat piece!

Andrea said...

just a great piece of your creative talent and love the colour scheme to, fab Dan x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Fab. I'm running a workshop with these style houses this week and its great to see how others use them. Love the star theme Dan.

salamanda said...

This is just fantastic and I want to be able to pick it up and turn it around. I really shines out. Love the angel like you leaping out side of the blog.

Lori said...

Love it Dan, those images are great, and I love the house box!

Nancy said...

I love this, Dan! Love all the detail - and, of course, the images.

Sarah said...

Such a fresh, wonderful and vibrant creation. Loving all the detials and images and the house is a dream home for them all. Great design Dan...
Sarah

Jen said...

This is terrific! Like the stars and the vibrant colors!!

Kim Costello said...

This is a brilliant piece Dan I think the whole frame is so wonderful, each stamped & distressed panel is great!
HuGs Kim :)

Sue in CT said...

Fantastic! I love these. Even the outside is a work of art.

Related Posts with Thumbnails