Monday 8 November 2010

O the Tims, They Are A-Changin'!

Over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge blog today the new theme is "Your Favorite Tim Stamp". You'd think I might have found this a difficult choice, given that I own most of Tim Holtz's stamps, and love most of them too. In fact, the reverse is true, I have one clear favorite - his "David" stamp, which has been my favorite from the moment I saw it!

The bowler hat and moustache were cut on the Cricut using SCAL. Any other extra items were hand drawn, as needed. The backgrounds were cut from the Lost and Found paper stack and the frames were 97p each at Ikea :)

David was stamped with a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, then coloured with Promarkers and Distress Inks.

Why not pop over to the challenge blog and see the amazing entries by the rest of the design team? Even better, join in the fun! :)

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $25 gift voucher again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try?


15 comments :

misteejay said...

Dan, I love the way you 'play' with your stamps - one day I might get to be that adventurous. Wonderful take on the challenge.

Toni :o)

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them all Dan but the Santa.... totally INSPIRED!!! Where do you get your idea's from? Thanks for sharing your amazing art! Have a goodly week and hope the fingertip is better xx

Andrea said...

your imagination is just great Dan and the art you produce is amazing, these are great x

Carmen said...

These are so fun:P Love them all.

Dorothy said...

So cool Dan!!!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Just the coolest how each creation is OHHH so very different and unique!! FABULOSO!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I'm a big fan of the mustache...something about them always makes me smile (hahah). Great coloring on these - I like the comparison too.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge (and for being such a great designer!!)!!

-Sarah

redmom said...

Dan these are awesome!! Loving the mustache!

bethchien said...

that is a really cool project!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You are so creative, Dan. I never would have thought to use the same stamp in 3 different ways and how is what you have done here! They are all great, but the clown is my fav! Hope you have recovered nicely from your finger injury!

Craphty said...

How many ways have you shown us how to use the David stamp? These are just great. Love the Santa.

Sandi M said...

You have such talent to think up these extremely cool variations with the David stamp!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Dan, I'm really digging this project!! So very cool and unique!! The extra mustache is AWESOME!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Anastasia said...

These are so fun... but I especially like what they are in! I don't even know what they are. They look like they are made of porcelain?

Kat said...

hi Dan, what a fab use for the ikea frames,
very inventive of you,

you inspire me to create,
Kat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails