Monday 1 November 2010

Not too shabby (though a little bloody!)

Over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge blog today the new theme is "Shabby". I've been somewhat handicapped this week after a rather gruesome kitchen accident a few days ago. Without (hopefully) giving TMI, I sliced the end of my finger off in a cheese grating accident! Of course, as luck would have it, I injured the very hand that I use for crafting. This weeks project is therefore mostly made of papers, with a little stamping.

Shabby or Shabby Chic really isn't my style, and I struggled a little with this. As ever, click the pics to see a larger view!

Why not pop over to the challenge blog and see the amazing entries by the rest of the design team? Even better, join in the fun! I know there are lots of you out there who will take this theme and really run with it! :)

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering the awesome blog candy shown below! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try?



14 comments :

misteejay said...

Hope the finger is healing.

Love the project Dan...next time remember you don't have to give real blood with the 'blood, sweat & tears' you put into your artwork.

Toni :o)

Lynne Forsythe said...

OH MY Dan!! do hope you recover quickly!! your tag is WONDERFUL even in you handicapped status!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so so sorry about your finger. I broke and pulled back the nail of my ring finger and it's my craft finger/hand too...bummer...but ouch on yours....so painful..I'm so sorry. You managed to turn out a beautiful card as usual.

Andrea said...

love this Dan and sooooooooo sorry to hear about the finger, you take care and sending hugs your way xx

Dorothy said...

So sorry Dan!! Hope you heal quickly!
Love your art!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So sorry about your finger - it sounds most gruesomely Halloweenish - dripping blood and all that. You did a terrific shabby job on that tag - love it!

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh ouch Dan, hope you got the bit of finger out of the cheese before you ate it LOL Seriously though.. hope it gets better soon! x Oh and... loving your Shabby art x

voodoo vixen said...

Owwwwiiiieeee... been there and done that and know exactly how you are feeling!! Though it doesn't seem to have cramped your shabby style much going by the lovely tag!!

Anonymous said...

Great tag! Love your take on shabby!

Sorry to hear about your grating accident - been there, done that. Just whatever you do, never bring a mandolin slicer if you're having trouble with a grater :)

Lori said...

Ouch! Hope it heals quickly! This is a wonderful piece for the challenge, Dan, love it!

Neil said...

Hope the hand is better soon. Though your tag was still great.

Lynn Stevens said...

ouch!!!!! So sorry to hear of your accident. Glad it didn't hamper your creating. "GRATE" tag, teeheehee sorry I couldn't help myself.
I really hope it wasn't to serious and your better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope your poor finger is not too sore by now.Even though, your tag is great.
Sue

Glen said...

Grate tag Dan! *Ü* LOL....I love this time of year as it holds a lot of childhood memories and this is one that brings my childhood to mind. TFS. ~Glen~

Related Posts with Thumbnails