Saturday 20 November 2010

Freebie #57!

Rosette and centre

[These files are no longer available here]

Just when you'd thought there weren't going to be any more freebies! :)

There are so many of these rosettes floating around the internet at the moment, largely due to that fact that they were recently re-popularised by Tim Holtz when he released one as part of his range of Sizzix dies. A few days ago, a friend on one of the forums I belong to asked me if I would design a rosette for her that she could use in SCAL. Once it was finished, it only made sense to share it here too :)

I've included files for the rosette itself and for the zig-zag edged centre circle. I added them separately so that you could easily change the size of one to suit your needs without having to resize the other if you didn't want to :) I've also included folding notches to make the folding easier, but if you don't want these just cut the shape in blackout mode. Remember to cut an extra circle to glue on the underside of your rosette so that it keeps it's shape!

Please remember you are only allowed to download this file for your own use and may not share it or distribute it to others in any form. I spend a great deal of time creating my designs, please respect the terms under which they are shared.

Again, this template will be "live" for 1 week. Next week it will be taken down. Don't forget, if you have any requests, pass them on! I can't promise, but I will take suggestions into account when planning future templates.

These files may not be uploaded to a group, forum or website for sale or redistribution, or shared among individuals. They are expressly for the personal use of each person that downloads them from this blog.

There are 2 files and I have put it into a zip file to make downloading easier. After saving it, open in the usual way, and drag the file out onto your desktop or wherever you wish to save it.

There are 2 versions of each template:
  • An SVG version which can be imported into the Sure Cuts a Lot or Make the Cut program and then cut out on your Cricut.
  • A DXF version which is Craft Robo friendly, and ready to be imported into your Robomaster software (I'm not a Robo user, so if there are any problems with this, please let me know!)
Simply click on the appropriate button below to download the file!

Any feedback on the templates is more than welcome, and if you have any suggestions for possible future templates you'd like to see, please let me know! If you make anything using one of the templates, please post a link to it here so that others can be inspired by how you've used them!

I hope you like the templates - let me know how you get on! :)

Templates © dan99crafter@gmail.com 2010

40 comments :

Paula said...

Thanks, I'll be using this file a lot!

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Thanks so much Dan. You made my heart happy on 2 different levels. #1: I thought you had given up on designing SVG's, and #2: I have been wanting a different rosette that I could resize to my own needs. You are still "da man"!! Hugs, Rockin Robin C

cplatter said...

Thanks, Dan - it's great to have you "back"!!

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Always wondered how those rosettes were constructed - thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

Thanks... This will come in handy on the holiday cards.

Sweet Caroline said...

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your talent Dan, you are very talented. Bless you.

SC-The Artful Mama said...

This is fabulous!!!!! thank you so much!!!! I can't wait to make a few!!!
xoxoxoxo
Susan Chong
beegsmachine@yahoo.com

SC-The Artful Mama said...

Thank you very much, DAn!! This is really beautiful!!
xoxoooxooxo
Susan Chong
beegsmachine@yahoo.com

Sue in CT said...

Thank you Dan! As always, you are such and inspiration and your files are wonderful...and useful.

Esther said...

Dan - You are amazing! I was just thinking that I should try and find a file like this - and there you are!!Thank you so much my friend! Hugs from NZ

Artyjen said...

Thanks Dan!
xoxo Sioux

lynne said...

Thanks for sharing this file Dan.

AnnasArt said...

Thank you so much Dan!

Hels Sheridan said...

So clever! Wish I could figure out how to use my CriCut LOL Loving your tag x

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dan.
Ellen

Andrea said...

fantastic freebie Dan , loving your artwork and sorry not been posting on everything, hope you well x

Anonymous said...

Rockin Robin says it all!!!

valerie

Trisha said...

Yay!! Thanks, Dan!

Cheri said...

Thank you for sharing your talent Dan

It's great to "see" you again.

BobbisTreasure said...

Thank you, Dan. Am so happy you are creating again!!!

DragonSlayer - Sarah said...

Cool beans! Thanks for sharing- I like these little rosettes! You are, as always, The Man, Super Dan! :-)

rubbergranny said...

Yes, it's like the old times. Thank you. I'll enjoy having a cut file for making rosettes.

Dalis (stampergirl) said...

dan,
I have a question for you, how do you keep your ends not detach. I have tried plenty of rosettes but they all tend to open after a little while.

btw. thanks for the cutting file.

-- dalis

Dan said...

Many people use Glossy Accents Dalis, which I can imagine holds things together very strongly. I'm too lazy for that though, so I've used an ATG gun on mine, and the've held together so far! :)

Beverly Baxley said...

Thanks Dan for sharing your creative work. Good to have old times again.
Hugs,
Beverly

Bobbi said...

Thank you for the file. I am sure I will use it a lot.

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Dan I have the TH die, but love the idea of being able to resize or edit it. So, thanks so much for the info. I have been making ovals with my die (use 2 and glue together) and even put one around a square. thanks!

Lalia Harris said...

Thanks Dan! It's good to see your freebies again. Thanks for the rosette. I've always been curious to see how they're made but I never wanted to buy a file.

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME tag Dan and THANK YOU so much for the file!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!

Lisa Avolio said...

So glad to see you're creating for SCAL again. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the versatile file.

Karen said...

Thank you Dan. I have the sizzix die but it is great to have the flexibility of changing the size.

Marg said...

Wonderful file. Thank you. I love the look of these rosettes.

Helen (aka He**inWA) said...

Thanks so much for the file!
Hope all is going well.

Helen (aka He**inWA) said...

Opps...forgot to say
Love your tag!

cal8007 said...

Hi Dan! I was thinking about you the other day :) Thanks for this freebie - can't afford TH's dies. This will come in very handy!

Hugs!

Carmen

Lyn said...

Thanks Dan - on the money as usual and very current, big thanks.

Ummmmm .... cheek, I know, but how about tattered florals purty please - if you have a minute or several? :-D

Dan said...

These rosettes have been around for donkey's years, we used to make them to hang on the Christmas tree when I was a kid. Although Tim Holtz has popularized them again, he didn't invent them, so consequently designing my own and offering it as a file here is an acceptable thing to do. "Tattered Florals" are Tim Holtz's copyrighted designs and I won't be making copies of them to offer here.

Anonymous said...

Awesome rosette! Thanks for sharing your designs!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing Dan

Related Posts with Thumbnails