Tuesday 16 November 2010

Appearances can be deceptive!

Just a throw-awayidea I've had floating around in my head for a few days, in keeping with the theme of some of the pieces I've been working on lately. Now that I've made this I've got it out of my system and can move on :) I guess there are two ways you can look at this - which is the role being played by these people, the clown or the profession? Only you can decide :)

As ever, click on the image for a larger view. All comments welcomed! :)

BTW, let me apologise for the quality of this photo - the passport photos I used in this piece (by Darkroom Door) are glossy, so every time I used the flash to take the photo I got glare all over the place. In the end I had to turn the flash off, so the image isn't as well lit as it might have been. Hopefully you get the general gist though!) :)

5 comments :

misteejay said...

Glad you were able to get this piece done - it can be frustrating having and idea buzzing in your head and not being able to get it into reality. Very interesting piece (even though I'm not a lover of clowns).

Toni :o)

Michelle said...

Gosh Dan - you are so talented! Love the Santa tags, and the clowns are ironic. Did you get yourself a craft shed, or did you convert the garage instead?

Hels Sheridan said...

I got the general gist :O)) Fabby piece as usual Dan and I love the Embezzler .. I think they are professions playing at being clowns... BTW, you have tamed my clown fear and I can quite happily look at one now without running to the hills ROFL x

Dan said...

In the end I converted a bedroom Michelle :)

2amscrapper said...

interesting question---great piece!

Related Posts with Thumbnails