Wednesday 17 November 2010

OK, so I set myself a little challenge...

I don't know how you store your stamps, but apart from my Tim Holtz stamps which come on their own storage sheet, all of mine go onto laminated storage sheets either that I have made or bought. I stamp the images onto card before laminating, or if I'm using a store bought storage sheet, I stamp the images onto it with Stazon. My sheets aren't grouped by theme or manufacturer - when I get new stamps they're separated to fill gaps on existing sheets or I start a new sheet if needed. Not very organised, but it works for me :)

I set myself the challenge of creating a tag using only stamps from 1 storage sheet, which I picked at random from my collection. The sheet I chose is shown here so that you can a) see that I didn't cheat and b) see what a bizarre mix they were! LOL Click on it for a larger view if you wish :)

Here is the tag I came up with. Note the crafty use of the column stamp to divide up the background (crafty - I made a pun! lol). The background was coloured with distress ink pads and the elements of the composition were either promarkered or distress inked. The end result doesn't particularly mean anything or say anything, but I like to think it's kinda pretty. By my criteria at least! :)

6 comments :

voodoo vixen said...

Well I like the randomness of it, though I must admit, I would have had to use the stamp that looks like a postage stamp because I think they are brilliant!! I made a BIA book or two to keep all my flat sheet type stamps in - but i didn't do the bit about the stamping the images on the front, so maybe I will 'borrow' that idea from you!

misteejay said...

You are so organised...my stamps are all over the place. I will get them sorted (one day - honest LOL).

Great tag Dan.

Toni :o)

Glen said...

It works Dan...great looking tag and I love the colour combo. TFS. ~Glen~

Lyn said...

Great random idea to design a fab tag - the Column use was inspired!

Interesting to see how you have stored your stamps, Dan. Mine are all organised and separated between mounted and unmounted, but I am toying with the idea of putting all my unmounted un-clingy stamps onto EZ Mount and then on laminated sheets like you. Can't quite face the sheer amount of stamps I have yet though!

However, I seem to be a bit more organised, because I have one of those stationery plastic boxes with 6 x 4 cards and I meticulously stamp all new stamps I buy onto card and store the cards indexed into categories. I use the cards to help with my planning before finding the stamps, which is more of an issue! OCD-much?

Dorothy said...

Very clever Dan and i love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tag! Looks like you picked a good sheet to start with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails