Monday 22 November 2010

"Alive"

Over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge blog today the new theme is "Distress Inks". I've had the song "Alive" by the Psychedelic Furs going around in my head for several days now, so hopefully this will help me to forget it! :) Although I think this piece works on it's own, the lyrics might give you a clearer picture of what was going through my head as I created each tile. Start from the top left corner and work left to right :)

"One time, just for a moment, I had time on my side. I felt like one in a million, I fell out of the blue. I feel dumb, I can't speak, I feel blind, I can't see. All my life. Some days are wide as the ocean, sun goes down and it's gone. I'll be sad when it's over, I'll be down when it's done. For once in my lifetime I'm not sad. For once in my lifetime I'm not down. For once in my life."

The background tiles were distress inked and some were water-stamped. Glossy accents were used to create tears on one of the tiles. I hope you like it, as ever, click on the image for a larger view :) All comments appreciated! :)

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $25 gift voucher again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try?


10 comments :

Laura said...

I love it Dan!

misteejay said...

Your background shading is wonderful. The colours make your images 'pop'.

The whole piece is very clever - I think I would suffer from leaky elbow syndrome trying to get an idea like this from 'thought' to 'reality' - well done Dan, it is a lovely piece.

Toni :o)

Ali said...

Ooh that is fabulous! Really striking and I love the bold colours used for the backgrounds of the tiles and the vintagey feel of the images. :)

Ali

Alix said...

oooh nice job...but i hope you get a happier song stuck in your head now!! ;0)

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love this, Dan - what a great piece!!

Lori said...

Love it! The colors really pop in the background! For a minute there, I thought you meant "So Alive" by Love N Rockets...love that song... but yours is awesome too! lol!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Very cool collage, Dan!! I really like the vibrant colors on black and white...makes 'em POP even more!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Netty said...

Terrific picture Dan. Annette

Sandi M said...

Wonderful art here Dan and the song idea is so clever. Now, why can't I find that song? Is it new? What am I missing? I like the Furs a lot, don't have that song and can't find it on itunes.

Dan said...

It's a really hard one to track down Sandi! It's available to buy from play.com :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails