Friday 6 June 2008

Pencils tag

Finally got back online, and can start adding new things here again! :) I made this tag for the Mixed Media Monday challenge, but as my phone service went down, I never got to upload it to take part. The theme was "pens and pencils".

The text in the bookplates was printed from the computer, and the bookplates themselves were drawn in Inkscape and then cut out on the Cricut using SCAL (sure cuts a lot) software. They were cut from glossy black card, then distressed with sandpaper.

Stamping was done with black Versafine ink, and the tag was coloured with distress ink pads applied with cut'n'dry foam. The pencils were coloured with a waterbrush and distress ink pads.

I hope you like it! :) Click on the image for a larger view.

10 comments :

dddeeebbbzzz said...

This is stunning! Love those pencils and any thing with Cliff lyrics must be good!

voodoo vixen said...

Love that song so this was going to be a fav of mine no matter what, and the pencils are brilliant too!

Andrea said...

like it I love it, what a great tag Dan and sooooooooo good to see you back up and running x

Hels Sheridan said...

totally love this tag - one of my fave songs and I just love the whole look of the tag....fabby!! In fact, I would go as far as saying i love this tag more than I love Chips n Curry sauce :O))

Anonymous said...

brill brill brill.kjjc

Unknown said...

Dan - I am touched mate - I miss you too XXXX Seriously, good work .... no I do mean .... seriously good XXXX

Carole Bryson said...

I just love all your work Dan ... so inspiring ...

Rika said...

This is great!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fabulous Dan! x


...goes off singing

StampDancer said...

Dan - I just discovered you blog this morning and love your creativity. I realize this is an older post - but WOW! It's fabulous. Deb from Texas

Related Posts with Thumbnails