Tuesday 10 June 2008

Hearts and faces tag

Let me start by saying that the photo for this has come out a bit weird! The colour is rich at the bottom and a bit washed out at the top. I'm not sure what's caused that - hopefully you can still see it well enough to see what's going on!

This tag is for the Arty Girlz "Faces" challenge (I hope I'm not barred from taking part cos I'm not a girl!) and the De Creatie "Hearts" challenge.

I drew the heart on my computer as a ribbon slider, and then cut out several on my cricut, in various sizes, both with and without the slots for the ribbon to go through. Faces were stamped with black versafine, the hearts were tinted with tattered rose distress pad, and edged with fired brick. Finally I finished off by using a signo white pen to colour some of the eyes, and added a ribbon slider in the bottom corner.

I hope you like it! Click on the image for a larger view :o)

24 comments :

Crissi Harvey said...

wow Dan that's stunning so glad you found us love what you have done..

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
Hope you can joinn in again love your work .

crissi xx

AngelaC said...

I love this tag Dan - it is wonderful how you have incorporated so many different faces, yet they all go together so well! Inspired work.

Tinkerbelle said...

You have been sooo busy.. again xxx

Andrea said...

just knew when you said what you were doing it would be brilliant, it most certainly is fantastic xx

Julie Allain said...

Dan

Of course you're not barred from our challenges I'm chuffed that you're joining in!!

What a gorgeous creation it is fab!! I'm quite jealous of your stamps

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz I hope you'll be joining in again :)

vintage wil said...

wow this is beautiful !!

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh, I like, I like very much! Love the faces in the hearts and the whites of the eyes just lifts the entire thing, its beautiful.

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely brilliant.
Unbelievable Tag.

mueppi said...

Wow...... was für eine tolle Idee!
Wunderschön!!!!!!

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning as always Dan - you are an inspiration

Unknown said...

Dan - I love this tag. Brilliant, inspirational, wonderful, stunning XXX

Jo said...

Stunning!!!!!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Very different Dan, love it!! x

Zuzu's Blog said...

excelent. I love this

Unknown said...

Awesome tag Dan. Deb x

stampingbalou said...

Dan, this is incredibly fantastic !!! WOW !!!

Godelieve said...

FABULOUS tag! Great composition. The white in the eyes is a fantastic finishing touch!

Craftyideas said...

Stunning tag wonderful idea love those stamps

Barbara Hagerty said...

WOW, Dan! What a fabulous piece! I love all the different faces! It's about time we had a guy join-in! Especially one as talented as you!!

Lesley said...

Wow its fab!! xxx

Shazza said...

Genius!!!!
Love this Dan
Shazza
x

Kim Dellow said...

Love the tag. Great use of the theme

Angelnorth said...

Those white gel pen highlights for the eyes really pop - excellent stuff! Love the composition here, excellent tag!

Crafty Sarahs Blogspot said...

wow, this is fantastic, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails