Monday 10 October 2011

Wings Ain't What They Used to Be!

Don't you just hate it when the one-eyed flying cyclops hearts you've been keeping in an old bird cage finally chew their way out?  I know I do!  That's why, when I saw that this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "Things With Wings" I decided to work through my frustration by making a piece about it!  :)  I know lots of you out there have the same problem, so believe me when I say I feel your pain! lol

This actually took me quite a few days to make, simply because I'm the world's slowest cutter-out!  All of the detail in the wings seemed to take forever to do, but it was worth it in the end :)

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

19 comments :

Sid said...

Very unusual and fab !!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor blimey, have you managed to capture them all yet??? Loving this Dan... tis FAB x

Artyjen said...

It certainly was worth the it! Fabby
xoxo Sioux

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love your sense of humour Dan and your piece is so fabulously unique thats why I like it so much. The wings were so worth all the time you spent cutting them out. A great piece of ART. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

whyducks said...

Great idea beautifully executed!

Candy C said...

Dan...your piece is so "artsy" and fabulous! I totally love it! As usual, your use of vibrant color is so striking! The broken cage and the one eyed winged hearts escaping...where do you come up with this stuff? I'd love to be a gnat in your artistic brain for a while to see all of these wonderfully artistic things swirling around in there! <3 Candy

Amy* said...

Too cool Dan..TOO COOL! I absolutely love this piece definitely worth the cutting-out time in the end :)

Shazza said...

hey Dan this is fab!
x

Claire said...

That is fab Dan, love the splash of colour.
C
xx

Gabby said...

Too funny! Love your flying cyclops! :) Yah, fussy cutting a pain in the fingers and a strain on these 'ol eyes! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks great, Dan! Glad they broke free... the broken cage is terrific.

Gillian .... said...

Dan this is simply fab, very creative, love hearts & wings together.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Very cool project, Dan! I love the concept and the coloring is beautiful!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

voodoo vixen said...

This is brilliant Dan, well worth the cutting out time!!

misteejay said...

"giggle"...are they still fluttering free?

Great fun piece Dan and I so know where you are coming from with the cutting out - but it looks so effective.

Toni xx

Plush Possum Studio said...

It's a prison riot! LOL
What a fun way to go. All the colors and shapes really pop! well worth the effort.
Rose

Sarah said...

Fab Dan - such crisp sharp lines and vivid colours and fab wings...always so original and creative...a real piece of winged art and a touch of humour too! Great work Dan!

Jaqi said...

This is amazing Dan, how unique,its brilliant I love it. Very inspiring too, well done and thanks for sharing you need a large fishing net now to catch them all :-)

fatmonica said...

Love this,just love it!So unusual and I love those wingy heart things!

Related Posts with Thumbnails