Monday 3 October 2011

Wendy Boat Comes In!

I've cheated a bit with the title of this post, it doesn't really refer to Wendy Vecchi at all, but to a song my mother used to sing to me when I was a baby.  It's sung in the dialect and accent of the part of England where I live, any of you who are from far flung shores might want to check it out, you probably won't understand a word! LOL

The theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "Wendy Vecchi Style".  I figured that this was the opportunity for me to get a bit crafty with the sewing machine! :)  Just a couple of lines of stitching, but now that I've done it you may see more in the future, lol

Dontcha love the splat effect you get by dabbing a Distress Stain onto card, it looks so dramatic!  I used stains in aged mahogany, scattered straw and worn lipstick on this piece.  I have to say, the more I use them, the more I love 'em! :)  I spritzed the white background card with water and then applied the stains on top of that, it makes them blend together so hazily, I love the effect.

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

17 comments :

Sid said...

Loving the splats !!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Your title for your post made me smile and I remember the song so well LOL. Love the fact you got to grips with a sewing machine as it adds the perfect finishing touch to your creation. I love love the splat and your rich colour palette. Fabulous Dan. Tracy x

Gabby said...

The face/crown stamped on newsprint and stocks look fab. I like the colors and ink splats. great card! :)

Candy C said...

Dan...love your song! I had to check that out and I could understand it...once I got used to the dialect! :) I love your Wendy piece. Your splats are amazing against the background colors. As always...LOVE your colors! Your sewing looks incredible on this piece. Good job! And I LOVE your art face! Beautiful piece! <3 Candy

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love the face and the ink splats!

PlumCat Art said...

This is an awesome piece! And yes, do love the splat! Mary Ann

Alison Horne said...

Fantastic! have only just invested in distress stains and been doing a bit of ladylike swiping, now I'm off for a splat!x

Andrea said...

A great card Dan and my dad used to say those words to us when we were children and it was meaning when the money arrived and not sure what it means to you Northerners you will have to let me know x

Gillian .... said...

Hi Dan, omg I just had to check the video out, love the dialect, and I could understand it lol ... the splatter blob is way cool and your stitches too.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, and I love stamping on a text background! I really love the way you blended the colors in the crown and the sentiment is perfect!

You would undoubtedly make Wendy very proud!! ;)
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Terry said...

Hey there Dan, I have to check the song out too....your Wendy Project is just fabulous and I could not believe that you have used the sewing machine, this really is just soo great wow...you did an excellent job at it. I especially love the splatter of ink and your colors. woww I just know that The Wendy will love it. Hugs TErry xxx

Terry said...

Your chosen song is really great eh? and I never heard this song before but I like it..xxx

Alix said...

gorgeous splats...terrible pun!! lol

love the artwork tho!
:0)

Sarah said...

I absolutely love this - your colours are fabulous (remeber the song too - and now I'm singing about a fishy on a dishy!!!) Well done on grabbing that machine, the world's best dress-makers are tailors...so go for it....you're already on zigzag - so buttonholes are next! A fabulous card...

Glen said...

Fab creation Dan and the splats look so effective. ;-) The stitching looks great too. Funny, I bought the 'Sew Easy' tool with the same stitch yesterday from Hobbycraft. I'm happy they are hanging the floors around, so all Tim's and other craft stuff I use is on the ground floor. :-D TFS. ~Glen~

fatmonica said...

I love that face stamp,it looks brilliant!Great title too.

Katherine said...

Fantastic splatters and beautiful colours, very Wendy ish :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails