Monday 24 October 2011

"I'm a rainbow today, all the colours of the world!"


"I am red today, hopping mad like a playground ball".  Anyone remember that song by Kira Willey?  It was used in some ad or other, I forget which, but you can hear it here if you're interested - cute song!

This weeks theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "One colour ... any colour" and to be honest I had a little trouble with it!  I started on it a couple of times and both times I didn't like what I'd done and scrapped them.  "3rd time lucky" they say (or "3rd time's the charm", if you're over the pond) and I am finally happy with this red card!  When I was making it I had a fairground fortune teller's tent in mind, so I hope that comes across a little :)

Last week's cutlery competition - I got no right answers!  Several people guessed Ikea, but I had asked for the person's name, which was Carl-Gustaf Jahnsson.  I feel a bit bad, perhaps it was harder than I thought!  I thought his name would be easily found on the Ikea web site, but maybe my cutlery wasn't easy to pick out on their site, based on my photo, so apologies for that!  I'll have another contest next week and I promise it will be easier!!

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

9 comments :

misteejay said...

Very clearly a fortune-telling theme Dan. The two faces look so very different just but colouring them the way you have - great piece.

Toni xx

Candy C said...

Dan, I really like your red card. You are right...3rd time was a charm because your card turned out wonderfully, hugs, Candy

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely work. One colour is so difficult to do well but you've managed it here.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love your card Dan it's so funky, I love the red and the images you used are wonderful. Tracy x

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is so weird, I've been thinking of challenging myself to make a card using one colour only & today I visit your blog. Your project is gorgeous, well done for sticking with it.

Unknown said...

Ooh that's very cool!! -or hot!
Think I'll try the challenge too!!

Sue Jones said...

Fab card ! love the theme- I had never heard that song before :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, what a cool piece, Dan! I love the layout and red is such a bold and beautiful color...sometimes made even more so when it stands alone..great work! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

vixen said...

stunning card love all the red, very unique :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails