Wednesday 28 October 2009

Recycled Tria Box

A friend who's been buying Letraset Tria markers recently gave me 2 of the boxes they come in (actually she was going to discard them, so I saved them from a landfill future!). I figured that by removing the base I'd be able to make 2 desktop tool caddys (perfect for larger items like cropodile, texture hammer, rulers etc) plus 1 gift box. Here is the first tool caddy, the gift box will follow tomorrow (if I get it finished!)

The 4 sides are shown above (they are all perfectly rectangular - they look a little wonky because of my amateurish camera work, lol)

Starting at the top left -
Copper top embossed using Ten Seconds Studio border mould. Silver metal embossed in the Cuttlebug. White acrylic paint applied over whole box then partially buffed when dry. Molten UTEE poured over copper crown motif on non-stick craft sheet, then stamped with cookie cutter while still hot. Copper tile embossed with TSS mould then aged with glimmer mists and UTEE element fixed to centre.

The other 3 tiles were embossed using TSS moulds and tarnished with glimmer mists.

11 comments :

misteejay said...

Wow, that looks fab. The embossing tiles are stunning.

Toni :o)

Glen said...

That is a work of art Dan. Very ornate and decorative. TFS.

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally loving the stars, they look FAB! Great recycling Dan :O)))

Sid said...

Loving your covered box, loads of detail in the embossing !

Dorothy said...

Very cool Dan!!!
I love it!

Andrea said...

very good to re-cycle Dan and what great tool holders they will make, this is brill x

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous tool caddy Dan ... I am loving it ... but I was wondering ....Are the 4 sides shown all perfectly rectangular? - I thought they looked a little wonky or is that because of your camera work! lol :0)

Soraya said...

wow! what a professional look you gave it!

my hat off to you!

soray

mckinkle said...

WOW this is FAB!
Keryn :D

ally fiddy said...

OMG thats is just gorgeous!

voodoo vixen said...

I love the things you make in metal Dan, they are stunning!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails