Sunday 25 October 2009

Mort Journal



I picked up several of these little hard-backed kraft-covered journals last week, thinking that they'd make good stocking fillers, once suitably decorated.

I stamped the word "journal" onto the front cover, then made this sleeve to go around the book. The stamp is called "Mort had a pin curl", by Stampotique. Isn't that a great name? He was coloured in using promarkers an then masked off and the background was coloured with distress inks. Since he's sporting a great set of fangs, I'm going to enter him into my friend Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge this week, which is "Monster Mash".

13 comments :

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw, my Mort has a twin that lives in your crafty place too....love what you made, I have got one of those books too and reeeeeeally wish I had bought more!! Anyways, thank you for joinin in with the challenge...loving your work...like I always do LOL xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I'm really luvin' that little bogger! lol, great Journal!

Susan said...

This is great, Dan!

misteejay said...

Mort is sooooooo horribly cute. Love what you have done with the journal.

Toni :o)

gale said...

Is it wrong that I think Mort is adorable?? LOL. I am really into monsters right now for some reason. Maybe it's the halloween spirit.

Carol Q said...

love this stamp. great journal cover.

voodoo vixen said...

LOL... loving your little Mort guy!! He really is cute in a weird sort of way... I can't believe you are getting organised for 'stocking fillers' already!!

Laura said...

I just love these stampotique images. I don't do cute but I think these come under quirky rather than cute.

Kay said...

Awwww Mort is so cute with his pincurl. Great idea for stocking fillers and you can never start too soon.

Andrea said...

love how you have decorated the book Dan and he is kinda cute to x

Unknown said...

I have a problem ... Mort looks like Dirk too ... cannot think of any little rhymey poemsy thingies today though sorry ...

Loving this journal ... it will fill one of my socks nicely :0)

Shazza said...

aw Dan this is great. Spotted it mentioned on home page of UKS!
x

TinaB said...

Love the book! The stamps are fab Dan xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails