Saturday 10 October 2009

Hello (Again) Strangers and Halloween Card!

I call you strangers not because you are strange, but because I haven't "seen" you all in such a while. Not your fault but mine - I believe "life just got in the way" is the expression! I'm happy to be back, and hopefully normal service will now be resumed! :o)

I recently made 13 Halloween cards for a swap I was taking part in. I mostly used some of the clear Halloween stamp sets from Inkadinkado (thanks to Kim from Cutter's Creek for sending them so promptly!). Needless to say, after all that effort I'm pretty much over Halloween now, and it's not even here yet, LOL. I made the cards while I was away on vacation, so consequently there are no particularly complicated techniques involved, as I didn't have my usual range of tools and equipment at my disposal - just stamps, ink, scissors and glue! The stamps I have aren't particularly large images and it wasn't easy using them for the whole of the front of a card, so I adopted a comic-book style panelled approach on many of them, which I adapted from card to card. Here's the first, there'll be another one here every day for the next two weeks or so.

The panels were cut from pale grey cardstock and I applied ink from a Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink pad with an ink applicator tool. The large polka dot stamp (from Cornish Heritage Farms) was spritzed with water and then stamped on each panel. When they had dried I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink, applied as before.

The main images were stamped with Black Versafine ink and the pumpkin and ghost were stamped separately on white cardstock and cut out and adhered to the panels. The inside of the card was stamped with the "Happy Haunting" stamp from one of the Inkadinkado sets.

Click on the image for a larger view. See you tomorrow, same time, same place! :)

23 comments :

Unknown said...

oooh, I really like this. I think this was a great idea. Simple but unique. TFS

Hels Sheridan said...

WhooooHooooo...that was me making ghost noises *LOL& Great to see you back hun, missed ya heaps...and am loving your Hallowe'en card..can't wait to see the rest :O)) BTW, the bat stamp isn't THE bat stamp :O( Will have to keep on looking!! Hugs x

Unknown said...

NICE job---- it's not so bad to be forced into only using a few tools, now is it? :) I can't wait to see the rest--- Thank you! Lauren

cal8007 said...

I'm so glad you're back Dan, I was wondering about you. Your card is just awesome, can't think of another word, and to think you didn't use all your supplies!!!

Thanks so much for the inspiration and for having you back.

Carmen

Amy said...

Beautiful card (couln't even tell you didn't have your usual arsenal of toolas and supplies at tour fingertips)! Now if I could only decide which panel I like the most....

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous card Dan and great to see you back
:o)

Pia said...

wow what a great card

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Lovely, those are great stamps :D

misteejay said...

Fab card Dan - very clever idea for using your smaller stamps.

Toni :o)

Angela Mclean said...

Brilliant!!! Angela xxx

Julie Smith said...

Great card Dan really love your "simple" approach - very effective

Unknown said...

Fabulously spookay ... Cor Blimey I missed you ... Loving these cards ... great colour tones ... ooooooh I can't speak ... just sending big squidgy welcome home hugs XXX

Claire said...

Wicked card. Thats really fab!
x

Dorothy said...

Awesome card Dan!
Welcome back!
Dorothy

Soraya said...

what a pleasure to "see you." Love the panels idea for your cards.
Even when you have limited tools, you are able to create stunning work.

Looking forward to see the other cards.

soraya

Christine said...

Great card Dan and its great to see you back.

Sid said...

Great card Dan !

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE BACK! I am new but was definetly missing you!

Andrea said...

a great card Dan and loving the panels to, the stamps are fab and with limited supplies the cards fantastic and 5 more sleeps to go :-) great to see you home to x

Donna Mckinley said...

Welcome back Dan, we missed you.

Carole N. said...

What a great card! I love your approach. It's fun to see what you created with just a few items.
Welcome back. We missed you.
Hugs!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab Dan, and what a great idea to cover a large area with smaller stamps - good tip :)
Anne x

Glen said...

WOW! I LOVE your Halloween card Dan - particularly the raven section. I'm loving Halloween and all the colours associated with it. TFS.

Related Posts with Thumbnails