Thursday 18 September 2008

Photo-Organiser-type-thingy

Does anyone else out there in blogland watch the shows from TVWeekly? I joined their site a while back and I get an email from them everytime there's a new episode - some I watch, some I don't. Tonight I actually tried one of their projects for the first time, and it won't be the last!

They have a great system, you watch the show, then you download the step by step instructions and follow them. It made the whole thing really easy to do, and (if I say so myself) it came out just as nice as the one in the show! How often can we say that about instructions we've followed? Oh, just in case you want to try this one yourself, the file tabs on each section were cut from one of my freebie files from a few weeks ago, they're not part of the original project.

BTW... this was the first project I've made with my new ATG gun - it's my new favourite toy! :)

Anyway, here are the pics. (It's a gift for a friend that did me a favour recently, I hope she likes it!)

[EDIT] A few people have asked me what an ATG gun is. It's an adhesive tape dispenser made by 3m. I have the ATG 700 which takes 1/2 inch tape, but you can also get an adaptor for it that lets it take 1/4 inch tape. The tape has a very strong bond, so is great for minibooks or projects like this one. It's under £2 for 44m of tape, which works out VERY cheap when compared to the small tape runners you can buy in craft/scrapbook stores. The gun itself is a big outlay initially (£13 on Amazon UK, a lot more expensive in the USA, oddly!), but pays for itself in a matter of weeks if you use a lot of those tape runners.

26 comments :

Anonymous said...

Cool Dan! I will have to check out the show state state side here.

Very nice!

Brian

Dorothy said...

Beautiful job Dan!!!
Dorothy

2nd Chance Paper Craft Tool
2ndchance55@att.net
vcrlady.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous, I bet your friend will be thrilled.

voodoo vixen said...

That's lovely Dan, and useful too!! Will check that one out and maybe it will solve some present problems for Christmas!! :)

shaz earl said...

It's gorgeous Dan and lovely colours i'm sure your friend will love it xx

Unknown said...

That looks lovely. I am not normally a fan of pink but those colours go so well together.

Brian K said...

BTW, ATG gun what the heck is that??? They let you handle firearms and craft???

Arg.... Brian

Andrea said...

its just brilliant Dan and a great gift for your friend x

Angie C said...

Wow Dan, this is stunning.

I would also love to know what an ATG gun is too ... or should that be, do I need one LOL.

I'm sure your friend will adore this - it's a great and useful gift

Anonymous said...

Dan, I want to be your friend. That came out beautiful!
Marianne/NY
mpriv@yahoo.com

Karen said...

Brilliant - Off to find that show!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Dan - what a great project!

Carol Q said...

it's a great site, Tricia Morris is a real expert at putting books together. I've had my ATG about 5-6 years - couldn't manage without it.

Jo said...

Amazing!!!!!!! Wow that is gorgeous :o)

Heather said...

Wow!!! Looks great Dan!!!

misteejay said...

Wow I just love that - great choice of colours. What a super gift. Haven't been over to TVWeekly for a while must pay them a visit.

Toni :o)

Anonymous said...

I have made this very same card box from Tricia's webisode. Their stuff is so totally awesome. And if you have never used a Michael Strong stamp you don't know the joy you are missing. You really should try his stamps they are fantastic. I love your card file box. And I love very much your work. Thanks for sharing.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love the box, Dan, Hope your recipient likes it too :)
I had an ATG gun.. never got on with it...so sold it :(
xx

Minxy said...

Looks great Dan, this is one i had bookmarked to try at a later date as think its really cool xx

Elizabeth said...

What a great site - thanks for the link! I have to say I think your finished article looks better than the ones on the show!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wow, looks fab, I might have to have a go at that myself.

Belinha Fernandes said...

Wonderfull!

Joy said...

Hi Dan I have one of those guns they are great got mine from Katy's corner - need some refills and an adapter - Love the gift xx

Anonymous said...

I've made several of those accordion files thanks to Tricia's video. I can't say enough about her show, and her company, Club Scrap. They have really great products, and they put together some really fun projects.

I love the way you used the tabs on your dividers. Which reminds me, I need to add a few things from your files to my cart :)

Unknown said...

Fab project. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the gun tip. x

Lauriane said...

SPLENDID

Related Posts with Thumbnails