Friday 13 June 2008

Balloons Tag

This tag was made for the Layers of Colour challenge. The theme this week is "balloons".

I decided I was going to make something that used no colour at all. I'm not sure how successful it is as a piece but I include it here regardless! (Obviously, it is very successful in terms of acheiving it's lack of colour, but that's not what I meant, and you knew that all along, you awkward so-and-so! :o)

The blank balloons were created on the computer and then cut out on the Cricut. They were stamped with black versafine ink, and fixed to the card. The buttons balloon is raised on 3d foam.

The word "Balloons" is in my own fair hand (and yes, I hate my own handwriting, just the same as most of you do too!)

The balloon strings were drawn in with a black gel pen.

I hope you like it. Click on the image to see a larger version! :o)

11 comments :

Andrea said...

what a brilliant tag Dan, having no colour works for me xx

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Think it's a great interpretation of the challenge - well done!

Angelnorth said...

Love the 'anchor' for this balloon bunch Dan - great use of the stamps! No colour works for me too - nice and graphic!

Rika said...

Great tag!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love the contrast of how we typically imagine balloons in color and how you interpreted them. They're fascinating balloons. Excellent tag!

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB! This is so lovely Dan - Black and white always look so classy. Hels x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous balloons.

Karen Owen said...

You have achieved a classic, graphic look with your "no color" tag. I think it is striking and very powerful because of the black and white.

Anonymous said...

love this tag ! the balloons ate very very original ! love it ! great !

nancy said...

This is very nice. The black and white is a nice departure from what I usually see.
Nancy

RubyMay said...

This is brilliant Dan. It was very clever of you to forgo the colour...and everyone is right....it really works !

Related Posts with Thumbnails