Sunday 18 May 2008

The long arm of the flourish

This is my attempt at this weeks Gothic Arch Challenge. The theme is "flourishes", and I think there are enough of those on here to qualify! :o)

I started out by using cut'n'dry foam to ink the white arch with spiced marmalade and fired brick distress ink pads. I then spritzed with a little water to make drop marks on it. Using black Versafine I did all the stamping, and then went mad with my white pen! :o) Finally a little walnut stain distress pad around the edges to age it a little.

This piece is roughly A6 size, using a template from the challenge site. I really enjoyed this, I hope to try more of the gothic arch challenges in future. Click on the image to see it larger. I hope you like it! :o)

33 comments :

Sandy said...

Wow stunning arch. Amazing design.
Unbelievable.

Femmy said...

great arch!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Very lovely Arch

Debbie said...

This is fantastic - and thanks for telling us how you made it - the over all look is so effective.

Angelina said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Great work!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Fabulous "first" arch. Your flourishes are fanastic.

Anonymous said...

That's very beautiful. The zipper made me smile :)

carylsrealm said...

Great arch!

bockel24 said...

very unusual, and I love it!

Frieda Oxenham said...

Wonderful title and great images. Love the zip and the colour. Really great arch!

Kris Dickinson said...

Fantastic and so creative!

K said...

fantastic!

Andrea said...

this is a great Arch Dan and I must get a white pen LOL love the bobbies stamp and well all of it actually x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab arch Dan, I have that stamp too...it is a right Bobby Dazzler isn't it? LOL

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant design...great arch.

AlexaCzar said...

fantastic ARch, like it so much

Jo said...

Great arch, the white pen looks really effective :o)

vintage wil said...

great arch !!!

Faye said...

Stunning background. Faye

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is wonderful!! Great image!

Angelnorth said...

Great arch Dan, love the post title too :o) The white makes the flourishes really stand out, love the effect!

Anonymous said...

it's a very unique arch ! great background and love the swirls ! bravo

Janny said...

Your Arch is stunning!

Unknown said...

Elle est magnifique !!!!!!!!!!!

elliemook said...

Wow, so fab! Love the background, and the swirls, and well all of it x

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous.

Shazza said...

I love it Dan and the flourishes are brill
x

Mary-Beth said...

Very cool arch! Love the images you've used!

Unknown said...

ello ello ello What's been going on ere then??? More fabulous art I see - Love it Dan XXX

~*~Patty S said...

Clever and beautiful arch, what a fun take, men look so good in flourishes too :) :) :)

Lyneen said...

Fantastic!!!!!

NETTI said...

Great arch, Dan - love the zip at the bottom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails