Wednesday 14 May 2008

Imagine

Another outing for the Cricut today! I had an idea to create a figure out of boxes, and decided to link it in with the Crazy Amigo Challenge this week, where the theme was "wings".

I drew the 3 shapes for these boxes on the computer, and used SCAL to cut them out. I sized them such that the top cubic box would be used for the head, the tapering box for the body and the tall one for the legs. I selected colour themes for each layer - green/blue for the legs, citrus colours for the body and purple/yellow for the head.

After that, it was just a case of getting busy with the stamps and inks! Far too many stamps used here to credit them all, inks were Ranger distress pads, black Versafine and a few colours of Ancient Page (which I love, but am finding they are drying out pretty quick! Anyone else out there having this problem?).

Nice to work in 3 dimensions for a change, at least more 3 dimensional than 3D foam allows! :o) And, while we're on the subject, (ok, we weren't, but just go with me here...), given that I took the time and trouble to fix the wings on with brads, so they could be raised and lowered to different positions, wouldn't you think I would have had the sense to check that I'd at least positioned them level before I took the photos? :oD

I hope you like it, thanks for looking and click on an image if you want to see it larger!

23 comments :

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh absolutely stunning creations. Unbelievable.

Femmy said...

fabulous work!!! love it!!!

Audrey said...

Wow, gorgeous!

shaz earl said...

Brilliant work Dan...very unusual xx

Unknown said...

Very interesting to look at but not sure if I like them. A great idea though.

Hels Sheridan said...

Blimey, I thought I was speechless yesterday but.....

Hels Sheridan said...

Haha, am not that speechless!! THese are wonderfully magnificent - fabulously unique and Dan, how do you keep coming up with such innovative designs? Fabulous!!! Hels xx

Andrea said...

WOW Dan you have most certainly done it again, very clever and a brilliant idea, love the stamping and everything about this xx

Joy said...

Great design Dan, very clever and a bit artyfart for my taste but, I bet they'll grow on me xx

Angelnorth said...

An angel with four faces, no less! Quirky (but in a good way) - love this!

Sarah said...

hey these are cool :)

are the three boxes that make up each figure separate, or did you design one big structure?

and how do you get such great photos??????

sorry, I always seem to ask you lots of questions. it's the scientist in me.....

Tinkerbelle said...

wow, this is amazing and so unique xx

Unknown said...

WOW XXX

Anonymous said...

Excellent project - I wish I could be quirky :o)

Gabi MeWi said...

Such a great idea !

CraftyC said...

Your such a clever boy!!
Clairexx

Chriss Rollins said...

these figures are amazing you clever man Dan
TFS
chriss x

Anonymous said...

They are fabulous

jay670120 said...

What a great idea you had x Fab xxx

Karen Owen said...

These are awesome! What a clever, creative brain you must have.

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow...absolutely stunning creations. Great!!!

Angie C said...

Now these are just amazing Dan - so different.

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow amazing

Related Posts with Thumbnails