Tuesday 13 May 2008

Dans ma maison, il y a...une petite fille

Or, if you prefer, "In my house, there is... a little girl". I found this great challenge blog today, called Dans ma maison, il y a. Each week, you have to make a house in some form or another, and each week the thing inside the house changes. This week, it's "a little girl".

I've combined this challenge with this week's Mixed media Monday challenge, which is themed "transparency". The vellum in the house window is the transparent part. (Yes, yes, I know that vellum is translucent, not transparent, but they said in the challenge that vellum is allowed, and anyway, you're a bit too fussy for your own good, I'd do something about that if I were you! :o)

I created the house in Inkscape, and transferred the file to SCAL and cut it out with my Cricut (the old one, you know, the one that's been left out in the cold, it's nose pressed against the window, tearfully watching the Expression get all the love and affection).

The hinges and bookplate were distressed with acrylic paint. Stamps are from a range of sources, most notably Elements for the little girl, fontwerks for the plants, Green Pepper Press for the red stripes. Inks were Ranger distress pads, versafine and ancient page.
Um... I think that's pretty much all there is to say about it! I daresay if you have any questions, you'll let me know! I hope you like it, click on either image to see a larger view! :o)

38 comments :

Anonymous said...

Dan, your house is amazing - I'm so pleased you came to play on Mixed Media Monday! Diane

Fab said...

Wow great stuff ! That challenge is so intriguing. I'm off to look it up ! Again, your work is very inspiring, Dan, keep creating your magic.

Anonymous said...

Lovely house!

June said...

Dan what a lovely piece of work.
June x

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Brilliant house. Really unique. Love it.

Unknown said...

Elle est vraiment merveilleuse ta maison de part sa conception, un très grand merci pour ta participation.

Femmy said...

amazing work!!! grat house and love the transparency.
thanks for playing MMM

Shazza said...

this is amazing Dan and all sounds very technical to me.
Shazza
x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

That is just the coolest piece of artwork to date!
Jennie x

Shirley said...

WOW Dan that is incredible work Dan.

Andrea said...

Like it I think its amazing and we need to see a full street of these now Dan, OMG where did you get that talent I need to rub shoulders more often with you :-) xx

Sarah said...

very very VERY cool dan :)

I found that blog this week too - I love the earlier entries for "night" and "birds"

I am going to have to master that inkscape into SCAL thingy, looks useful

really really beautiful house...

Anice said...

Beautiful work Dan.
Anice xx

Lesley said...

How fab!! What a lovely house! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

For once in my life I am completely speechless Dan. This has to be one of the most creative and inspiring works of art I have ever seen....it is simply breathtaking. Hels xx

Janny said...

It's really gorgeous!

Paul B said...

Lovely artwork Dan & thanks for the links to the challenge blogs - will check them out

Px

Gillian .... said...

Love the artwork on your house.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, love the shape too!!

Karen Owen said...

Dan, this is brilliant! So clever, original and beautiful. Love it! I'm glad I found your blog - I'll be back.

Karen

deb said...

this is fantastic, such an original little house, fab work.

Anonymous said...

Superbe ! et quelle originalité ! bravo !

~*~Patty S said...

Just wonderful and very clever too!

Charlie said...

What fun and awesome work. Your too funny. Enjoyed reading your description.

Anonymous said...

fantastique house !! j'adore !! thank you for your participation to our challenge's blog !!

Sija said...

Fabulous! Great house

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Fantastic! It must have taken ages. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to produce something as beautiful as this. Looking forward to seeing the next house!

Anonymous said...

FAB Dan! What a great house :-) xxxx

Anonymous said...

What an excellent house, c'est magnifique :o)

Unknown said...

I want it .... I really really want it .... I need to be putting a proper piece of acetate in that window because I am ver ver fussy ..... Only kidding Dan .... Whose gonna believe a woman of my standing anyway ;0)
Divine work - I think it may even be your best ever .... apart from the sunflower box thingy... and the tag book you gave me ..... and the other tags you made that time ..... and some of your ATCs .... other than that it is the bestest ever XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

A real work of art! Gorgeous house, so much to look at.

Angelnorth said...

Absolutely fab, Dan - love everything about this one! Leaving the girl B&W was a great move and the wonkiness of the house is just perfect, love it!

Inspiration Alley said...

I love browsing through your blog, there's just so much inspiration and things to aspire to, but most of all I learn so much just by looking.

Tova said...

Awesome house !!! Very original !

Joy said...

WoW! Double Wow! It's amazing I love it's wonkyness and uniqueness it's just stunning I'd really like to make one Just wouldn't know where to start

I have a question 2 actually What is inkscape? and what is scal and do you have the Crickut design studio? sorry thats 3! xx

*jean* said...

So incredible!! Really cool!

joanne wardle said...

fantastic house, and I really loved reading your very witty post!

Mescrap said...

I'm fans of the house too.

You did a very well house card in your blog. I really love to read them all.
Amazing house !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails