Thursday 15 May 2008

Heartfelt Tag


Another day, another challenge to be faced! :o) Or, in this case, a pair of challenges - The Wednesday Stamper (theme - include the word "art" - it's there if you look hard enough!) and Theme Thursday (theme - "girls").

I've been wanting to use these song words on something for a while, they're taken from "Strange and Beautiful" by Aqualung. My initial plan was to make the tag sleeve from vellum, and that's what I did. It looked fine in real life, but when photographed, it was somewhat difficult to read what the words said, so I remade it in paper.

The tag itself features stamps from Lost Coast Designs, The Queens Dresser Drawers and Just for Fun stamps. The pencils were stamped first in black Versafine, then the detail painted in with a water brush and distress ink pads. They were then masked, and the two girls faces were stamped and painted. The faces were then masked and the background was coloured and spritzed with water. The splatters, stitches and Identification Check stamp were then applied with black Versafine. Finally, the edges were slightly aged with walnut stain distress ink pad applied with cut'n'dry foam.

I hope you like it! Click on any image to enlarge it :o)


43 comments :

K said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMgosh !!! that is fab!!

Anonymous said...

it's wonderful and ART in Heart ! great idea ! lovely

Sandy said...

Wow amazing crations again.

Craftyideas said...

Love it.

Sanja said...

this is fabulos!!!:-)

Femmy said...

fabulous!!!

Andrea said...

I love the look of this Dan and the sleeve is a great idea with the words on, see you used your pencils x

Chriss Rollins said...

Like it Dan, I love it, want it... want it... need it... its stunning.
Have another creative day.
TFS
chriss x

Anonymous said...

gorgeouas as usual. Love the pencils. KJJC

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love your tags

Machin Stamps said...

I'm totally gobsmacked with admiration. What a wonderfully unique take on the challenge and as ever beautifully executed.

Angelnorth said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag and great use of the sleeve - you've outdone yourself Dan, I love this!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Great tag

Janny said...

Really beautiful, good use of colours!

Faye said...

Very clever. Beautiful art.

Anonymous said...

This tag just SPEAKS to me in a LOUD voice....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Again I am speechless...absolutely stunning work Dan...love how you have got those pencils to look so realistic...and the photo's look ammmmmaaaaaaazing!! Hels x PS, I love this more than I love one of your homemade pasties!!! :O))) And that is more than well loads

moi said...

awesome. love all that masking. the whole thing comes together beautifully.

Anonymous said...

WOW - its fantastic Dan!! :)

Vanessa.

Joy said...

Love the words and love the tag more and love them together even more xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning idea, great card and words!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Very beautiful Tag.

Unknown said...

beLOVEd deITy offLOADed Sacks

Can you see what I did there ... can ya .... huh ..... can ya??????
That was my tribute to your creative genius XXX

Barbara Hagerty said...

WOW! My first visit to your crafty blog, and I am HOOKED! Amazing stuff here, and I love the tag and it's fabulous sleeve! I can't wait to go back and see more, and from the comments, it seems you make pasties, too? Dan, Dan, you're the man!!!!(*sorry*-I can't resist a rhyme)

stampingbalou said...

Oh Wow and Double-Wow - never have seen such a great and unique tag before - what a brilliant piece of art !!!

Carole said...

This is my first visit to your blog. You do absolutely amazing work.

Lisa Renéa said...

Brilliant!!

Jo said...

Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing!!! Fantastic colors!

Unknown said...

Fab tag and I love those words. Deb x

elliemook said...

Wow, that tag is beautiful and that is one of my favorite songs x

Shirley said...

Gorgeous tag, a real work of art :)

June said...

WOW!

*jean* said...

Wow, this is totally wonderful!!! I love the lyrics and thank you for sharing how you made this clever and wonderful piece!!!

Moni said...

Fantastisch gemacht. Wowwww.

Kazza said...

Wow this is gorgeous - beautiful!!

Ann said...

Dan this is just so beautiful, I love the sentiment - stunning artwork as always! xx

Gabrielle Madsen said...

Great work, wonderful lyrics ~ deep too!

Anne said...

Sigh....!!! Do you ever get it wrong Dan? LOL!! Absolute perfection - I truly don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Stunning art!

Shazza said...

fantastic
x

Related Posts with Thumbnails