Monday 24 August 2009

Soar

It's been quite some time since I last stamped something, too long! After (finally) completing the re-organisation of my crafting space, it feels great to be able to get back to it, I've missed it!

I started by painting the shallow wooden box white with acrylic paint. I cut a piece of chipboard the right size to fit inside it and created the background as an acrylic painting, although it does also feature some stamping - a harlequin background stamped in white acrylic paint and an alphabetic background from Cornish Heritage Farms.

The bird's eggs on the frame border are by PaperArtsy, and they were stamped and cut out from card I had painted with a turquoise wash. The birds eggs inside the frame are from a set by Oxford Impressions. The "soar" ticket and the fancy bookplate are both Tim Holtz Idea-ology.

The bird is my own design, cut on the Cricut. It was coloured with Peeled Paint distress ink and then stamped in Coffee archival ink with a phrase from Darkroom Door stamps. The edges were coloured with a Walnut Stain distress pad. The heart inside the compartment was cut out freehand and then coloured red with a Marvy pen. The white dots were applied with a Ranger Inkssentials pen.

Finally, the heart and wings were moulded from air-dry clay, using Krafty Lady art moulds. The heart was painted with red acrylic paint and then copper wax was applied to it. Wings and heart were then edged with Walnut Stain distress ink.

I hope you like it, I really had a lot of fun making it. Now to clean up the mess I made! :)

16 comments :

DeeDee said...

I love your style dan...so glad to see you back at it too...always a fun place to visitl...have a great day.

Sheree said...

Oh, what lovely artwork you do! Uh-hmmm, I just arrived in my studio to do some organization and what do I do? I sit at my PC to check out what you've done. So, ok, now I've got to get away from my computer and either put away or make up stuff! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy said...

Awesome! Love the bird!

cal8007 said...

Dan, I'm so glad you are being crafty! I love the way your frame came out. Thanks for sharing.

Carmen

misteejay said...

I just love the ideas you come up with - I would never have thought of anything like this...fab piece Dan.

Toni :o)

Unknown said...

Stunning work Dan ... great photos too ;0)

Mole said...

I love your bird, Dan!

Dorothy said...

Very nice Dan!!
Dorothy

Unknown said...

Lovely project. Great colours and embellies.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Wonderful art Dan :)
Anne x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab creation Dan...love the depth you have got in the painted surface...gorgeous! xx

Sonia said...

Love the bird.. Awesome!!!!

**Sony**

Andrea said...

great to see you back crafting Dan as you are an inspiration, a beautiful piece of art xx

Lori said...

I love the colors and the embellishment well ok everything

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Dan, Love this, the colors everything...I so need to organize too, Ahhhhh! ;)

Sharon said...

I love your wings dan I did a LO with it with your svg and keep meaning to do a minibook with the wings I am glad you are posting your work becasue I have missed it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails