Sunday 30 August 2009

Less is More Tag

Another day, another tag!! (Hopefully any german readers will enjoy that pun! lol)

Once again, more new stamps that I'm trying out for the first time (I'll try to remember where they're all from, but I always forget!)

I started out by colouring the tag with Dusty Concord and Dried Marigold distress ink, applied from the ink pads with an ink blending tool. I then spritzed the large dots background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms with water and stamped it on the tag and left it to dry.

I used a wet baby wipe to remove a lot of the colour from the bottom section of the tag, then applied Mustard Seed distress ink to that section with my ink blending tool. I then stamped the rulers background from Lost Coast Designs, with black ink.

The bubble wrap stamp is from a Paperbag Studios plate, and I stamped with with Dusty Concord ink (see how much darker it stamps compared to the areas where I applied it with the blending tool?)

The Less is More stamp is from a PaperArtsy sheet, and I stamped it in black and highlighted areas with a white pen. The shoes stamp was a gift from a friend, so I've no idea where it comes from! I stamped it separately, then used a water brush and Spiced Marmalade distress pad to paint the orange colour into the white area. I used a grey promarker around the toe of the shoes to make them pop a little more. I then cut out the image and stamped the Less is More stamp across it's bottom left corner, then lined it up with the phrase already on the tag and stuck it in place.

The arrow is from the same Paperbag Studios sheet as the bubble wrap (I think!) and it was stamped in black and highlighted with white pen. Finally I used a scratches stamp from Tim Holtz's Slight Alterations set and stamped it with Milled Lavender distress ink around the edges of the tag to finish it off.

I hope you like it, I had a lot of fun making it! :) Click on the image to see a larger view.

14 comments :

denise said...

woooooooooo hoooooooooo
Im first to respond....
Dan I love this...
especially the saying....
Sounds like a great book
mark....

Denise

misteejay said...

I love that "Less is More" stamp...might have to treat myself.

Another great tag, Dan.

Toni :o)

Glen said...

Love the tag Dan. Good to see you back crafting. Move over T!M.:)

Claireabelle said...

This is fab Dan, love the shading on the shoes

Pia said...

wow beautiful tag, great work

Unknown said...

Dan, Tags coloured with Dusty Concord and Dried Marigold distress inks, applied from the ink pads with an ink blending tool, and spritzing large dots background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms with water and stamped on the tag and left to dry. Then getting a wet baby wipe to remove a lot of the colour from the bottom section of the tag, then applying Mustard Seed distress ink to that section with an ink blending tool. Then stamping the rulers background from Lost Coast Designs, with black ink is just so fabulously clever - what's not to like :0)

Andrea said...

another great tag Dan and love the ruler stamp what a great one that is, look forward to seeing more xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab! Love it!! :O)) xx

Roben-Marie said...

Love how you used our stamps. I really love that shoes stamp. :)

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Hey Dan....Guten Tag in more ways than one!! Would that be considered a "double entendre" then? Not sure. Don't speak fluent german (anymore...it was my 2nd language when I was little...my Dad is only 1st generation American). I caught it like a bolt of lightning!! Hisses, Rockin Robin

Mardi said...

Woozer, that is one awesome tag!!!

Sid said...

This tg is gorgeous ! Love your choice of stamps and the composition, also love the shoes stamp.

Anonymous said...

wow Dan, that is gorgeous!

-- dalis

cal8007 said...

Dan, looks like you've got your mojo back :) This is so neat, I love it. thanks for the inspiration.

Carmen

Related Posts with Thumbnails