Saturday 29 August 2009

Bird Tag

Once again playing around with some new stamps to try them out! No plan or fancy techniques with this tag, just trying to get a feel for the new stamps and seeing how they stamp.

Most of these are taken from an Oxford Impressions plate, "Bird's Nest". I picked this plate up recently at LB Crafts, and when I came to look for it a few days later I couldn't find it. It turns out that it had fallen out of my bag in the car park and some honest person picked it up and put it through LB Crafts' letterbox! Thanks to that mystery honest person and to LB Crafts who promptly put it in the mail to me! :)

I started out by applying Fired Brick and Vintage Photo distress ink onto the tag with an ink blending tool. I then spritzed my hand with water and flicked drips onto the tag. After a few seconds I dabbed off the excess water and left the tag to dry.

I spritzed a checkerboard stamp with water and applied it to the tag, again dabbing off the excess after a second or two and leaving the tag to dry.

The bird, B and fence (I can't remember who the fence is by... B Line designs?)were stamped with a tuxedo black memento ink pad and highlighted with a white pen. The birds nest was stamped separately, coloured with promarkers and then cut out and applied to the tag. I used a couple of pale grey promarkers to give a shadow below the nest. Some scratch lines from one of Tim Holtz's recent stamp sets were applied around the edges with a Vintage Photo ink pad. Finally, some birdy footprints finished it off.

I hope you like it :) Click on the image for a larger view!

13 comments :

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Dan - the attention to detail is spot on as ever ... I totally love the eggs in the nest ... totally X

Andrea said...

what another fab tag and the nest looks almost lifelike on there, great work Dan and its good to see your talent again x

mudmaven said...

Really beautiful Dan! ~chris

Karen said...

lovely tag Dan, and what luck that someone honest found it, restores your faith in humanity : )
Hugs
Karen

misteejay said...

Your tags are a fab way to try out your new stamps...I just don't know how you come up with such fantastic ideas.

Toni :o)

Claire said...

This is fab... loving the evil clowns too!

Sid said...

Love your tag Dan !! Great stamps to work with !

Dorothy said...

Dan, this is beautiful!!!
Love it!!
Dorothy

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab! love it! xx

ally fiddy said...

Beautiful. Love it.

Cazzy said...

Very arty Dan, I like it.

Laurie said...

Thank you for sharing these files. I love the butterflys and can't wait to make some.

kjjc said...

seems trite to keep saying great or well done so not left a comment for a while but as always -this is great.lol. Fab as usual

Related Posts with Thumbnails