Saturday 10 January 2009

Saturday Freebie #30!

How many envelopes does it take to change a lightbulb?*

[Edit - These files are no longer available here. Email me to find out how to access earlier designs!]

This week there are 3 cute envelope designs for you to download!

Obviously perfect for birthday and greetings cards, these envelopes could be used as the basis for an envelope book, or why not use them to hold photos or ephemera on a scrapbooking page?

Designed in the perfect proportions for cutting at A2 size, they can be resized or stretched to cut any size you wish, even square!

Again, these templates will be "live" for 1 week. Next Saturday, they will be taken down, and new ones will replace them. Don't forget, if you have any requests, pass them on! I can't promise, but I will take suggestions into account when planning future templates.

These files may not be uploaded to a group, forum or website for sale or redistribution, or shared among individuals. They are expressly for the personal use of each person that downloads them from this blog.

There are 3 files and I have put them into a zip file to make downloading easier. After saving it, open in the usual way, and drag the templates out onto your desktop or wherever you wish to save them.

There are 3 versions of each template:
  • A printable version (PNG files) that you can import into a program like Word, then resize, print, cut out and use like any other paper template (these are NOT Word files, so don't use File/Open in Word! Use Insert/Picture to bring them into a Word document).
  • An SVG version which can be imported into the Sure Cuts a Lot program and then cut out on your Cricut.
  • A DXF version which is Craft Robo friendly, and ready to be imported into your Robomaster software (I'm not a Robo user, so if there are any problems with this, please let me know!)
Simply right click on the appropriate button below, and choose "save link..." or "save target..." and save your template!

Any feedback on the templates is more than welcome, and if you have any suggestions for possible future templates you'd like to see, please let me know! If you make anything using one of the templates, please post a link to it here so that others can be inspired by how you've used them!

I hope you like the templates - let me know how you get on! :)

Templates © dan99crafter@gmail.com 2008

29 comments :

Kim Bush said...

The answer is none! DH changes the light bulbs! Another fantastic project! Thank you!

Kim B

Heather in FL said...

Very nice! What a great idea for the freebie. As always, thanks so much!

Jacquie Hart said...

Awesome I can't wait to play with these, I just bought some Lick and Stick for my homemade Envies it works great!

Pam Sivage said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

Heather said...

Thanks Dan!!!!!!

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

thanks so much- i just found you and love the envy template

June said...

I know the answer to the lightbulb thing but I'm keeping my lips sealed (get it?) lol
Ok I'll be quiet now except to say a belated Happy New Year Dan abd thank you once again for another freebie, you really do spoil us.
June x

Jen said...

Thx Dan! new to Scal and looking forward to collecting some files and learning some skills from you.

cal8007 said...

As always Dan, you're the man! Thanks for sharing your creations with us. Gracias!!

Regards,
Carmen

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Wonderful, as usual. Thanks Dan!

Anonymous said...

Dan

its not how many 'envelopes' but how many 'enviousblokes' does it take to change a lightbulb?

The answer of course is four: 1 to turn the bulb, 1 to hold the stepladder, 1 to check for any Health and Safety infringements and 1 to video it for "Youv'e been Framed!"


PS I am so grateful for all the excellent templates you produce. Thanks a million.

Saskia said...

Thanks Dan, this is great!

Saskia Haringa
Netherlands

misteejay said...

Many thanks Dan, you've come up trumps yet again.

Toni :o)

Anonymous said...

I think you just need one envelope.
Send a letter to someone you know for sure will help you change the light bulb :-)
They are great, Dan. Thanks again.

Nic said...

Fab templates, thank you.

Allet said...

My saturday thanks to you Dan. The envelopes are very nice!

Anonymous said...

Hey dan, the envelopes are great! I think I need to make a library on SCAL just for your stuff!

Sandy said...

Thank you so very much.

kkrewtea said...

YES!!! These are PERFECT!!! Thank you so much Dan!!!

Sandi said...

Dan

Wow!!! You Rock!!! Thanks for making these. I can not wait to use them.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sandi N.

Sandi said...

Dan

I forgot to say how much I appreciate all you do for us.

Again, great job!

Sandi N.

Bimsan said...

The DXF works great in Craft Robo!

Mima said...

Dan, great files! Can never get enough of these files. Which are strongely needed with cards. Outstanding freebie.
TFS,
Mima~

Anonymous said...

It takes one to change the bulb and three to pass the envelope of instuctions back and forth. :) Thanks for Freebies and humor.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for envelope templates like crazy!! what a pleasant surprise to find them here!!! Yay!

Thank you very much for sharing!!

JY White said...

Thanks so much for these, I have been wanted them for some time. I know I could probably figure it out for myself, but so glad I don't have to. Truly appreciate this!
Jamie

Claire said...

Thanks Dan. Im looking forward to playing with these

Anonymous said...

LOVE the envelopes but just starting with SCAL and can't figure out how to open these files..I think it's unzipped but it won't open :( Please help anyone

Dan said...

Hi Anon :)
When you unzip the file, you will have 3 SVG files, one for each style of envelope. In SCAL go to File>Import SVG and choose the envelope you want to cut. When it appears on your SCAL cutting mat, drag the bottom right hand corner to make it the size you want, and you're ready to cut! I hope that helps :)
Dan

Related Posts with Thumbnails