Monday 30 June 2014

All White on the Night


The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is "white".  I had this white mirror from my local Swedish furniture superstore kicking around in my studio for a couple of years and I sensed that this challenge was the one to finally bring it's waiting to an end! :) We all have white things in our stash, even if it's just plain white card, so why not enter the challenge and you could be the winner of a $50 voucher to shop at Simon Says Stamp.

My frame was roughly 10" square.  I started by cutting an 8" square of cardstock from the Laboratorie card pad, cutting a 4" square out of the middle so that the mirror could be seen, and fixed it to the frame.  I cut strips from the black ruler design in the same pad and used them as a surround for the central mirror, using my Tim Holtz craft knife to mitre the corners.

I used Commute tissue tape as a border to the cardstock panel, again mitring the corners.  As a final step, I went crazy with French Industrial salvage stickers - they are another thing that has been eying me up across my craft room for far too long and I felt their time had finally come :)




Supplies I used included:


Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

50dollar_voucher_600px










Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

11 comments :

misteejay said...

This is fabulous Dan. I love those mirrors and what you have done with this one is super - great choice of images.

Toni xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool frame! I like how you put it together!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Michelle said...

Great frame, Dan! It has loads of masculine charm.

Words and Pictures said...

Love the vintage neutrals against the white - how cool do those stickers look?!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Nice and masculine Dan... love it... Love, light and Peace...Bonnie

Anna-Karin said...

Wonderful altered mirror frame Dan! Great details.

Linda Kunsman said...

great vintage inspired frame!

barbarayaya62 said...

Great inspiration Dan, I too have the same frame, now you made me wanna try to alter it! BARbarayaya

Emma Williams said...

Such a fabulous altered mirror with wonderful details ~ thanks for sharing this, Dan...

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic use of the white frame! Love the vintage images layered!

rkramadh said...

I just LOVE this mirror! I couldn't tell at first, just the whole thing caught my eye as I love steampunk-ish designs a lot. Turns out that I have the same mirror from the same said Swedish store...waiting to be altered! Wow, yours is just beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails