Thursday 18 March 2010

Inked and Stamped Ikea Frame

After a trip to Ikea today I came back with 3 of these "Ram" frames - 4"x6" and a bargain at 3 for £1.59. I decided to make a template for the frame, which I would cut from white card and then ink/stamp it to cover the frame. I got busy in Inkscape and the result is a Microsoft Word template that you can print yourself and cut by hand - either on white card as I did, to decorate, or on patterned paper for a quick new look!

Templates © dan99crafter@gmail.com 2010

These frames vary by a millimetre or two, which I guess isn't suprising at 50p a time, so be sure to print the template on scrap paper first and cut it out then check that it fits correctly!

If you use the template, please let me see pics of what you've made! :)

12 comments :

Unknown said...

Thanks Dan, very generous of you!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dan, this is great! The colors are spectacular!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Dan.

misteejay said...

The frame looks fantastic and thank you for the great template.

Toni :o)

Hels Sheridan said...

tHere I was, thinking that the piece from the accordian book couldn't get any better..then you went and framed it and it looks simply MARVELLOUS...to the point that I am a little bit speechless...brilliant art Dan....CWTSYOS x

Bobbi said...

Great frame. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Oh Thanks Dan!! I don't have scal set up so have been patiently waiting for a cutting out template... Your such a pet to share!!!

Ta M

voodoo vixen said...

Love what you have done with the frame Dan... and I love the price for 3!! Now... i need to find an IKEA...

Lisa Avolio said...

IKEA isn't too far, so it looks like I will have to plan a trip. Thanks for the frame.

Dorothy said...

I really like this Dan!!

Dealbaida said...

The perfect excuse for a trip to Ikea. Many thanks for the gift of another great template for my Craft Robo.

I definitely won't produce anything nearly as WOW as your frame but, it's going to be great fun trying.

Thanks!
Marion

Angela Mclean said...

I just LOVE this frame template! I didn't have a frame to hand and so just made one out of chipboard. Stamping your frame wrappers was so much fun! So that I could enter it in a challenge, I decided to attached the finished frame to a card base and left the frame open at the top so that photos can be easily interchanged.
If anyone wants a peek, the photo is on
http://crafterscroft.blogspot.com/2010/04/waiting-to-be-scrapped.html
Angela xxx.

Related Posts with Thumbnails