Thursday 11 March 2010

Easter Bunny Came Early!

A little package dropped through my door today - the 12 new colours of Distress Ink pads, courtesy of the Easter Bunny. I know, I know, it wasn't really from the Easter Bunny - he's busy right now house-sitting for the Tooth Fairy, who's gone to Cancun for a few weeks, but this is how I justify my spending to myself, so don't burst my bubble! lol

Obviously, I had to try them out immediately, but I was very restrained - I only used 2 of the new colours, Bundled Sage and Forest Moss - I didn't want to make my other Distress pads get sibling rivalry! :)

This is a panel for a book I'm currently making. The panel itself, the inner panel and the leaves were all designed by yours truly and cut on the Cricut. All the stamps were from Stampers Anonymous, and the black pad was Versafine. That's about all there is to say about it, click on the image if you want to see it a little larger :)

16 comments :

Jessie said...

This is gorgeous Dan! I love the colors on the leaves. =) Great job!

Kim Bush said...

I love it! You have a great eye for color and texture :)

Kim B

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I LIKE I LIKE!!!!! Gorgeous creations and yummy colors!!!

Minxy said...

I am ashamed to say i thought the easter bunnie referance was because all the leaves on your branches look egg shaped.. oops how wrong can a girl be. te he he sorry, its a great panel :)

misteejay said...

Lovely colour combo. Look forward to seeing this panel on the book.

Toni :o)

Sid said...

Very nice Dan, lovely colours and now even more ink pads to go at !!

Andrea said...

can not wait to see what you are going to make, this looks a great start to another of your artistic talent xx the Easter bunny was good to you but is never that kind to me x

Alix said...

oooh i hope the bunny hops by my place soon...much better than chocolate, eh? ;0)

Heather Ales said...

Lovely color combo! I may have to pull out my new pads now... you've inspired me! LOVE the leaves too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work Dan ... and I need that leaf template ... like now!!!!

Sharon said...

Exellent...
Don't you just love the new ink colours..... I just got mine also,plus Tims new book...
I love to see what you create....
Happy crafting !

MSLILAC1958 said...

Beautiful colors, wish the easter would come to my house to leave me some goodies (besides chocolate). Thanks for sharing. I love your designs.

Dorothy said...

Awesome Dan!

salamanda said...

So jealous. What a beautiful colours and I love the layered design.

Angelnorth said...

Hmmm, maybe I need to have a word with the Easter Bunny around here, he's never quite that generous! Love your book page, the layering looks fabulous. Hope we get to see some more pages soon :o)

Darlene Iglehart said...

If the Easter Bunny lands on my doorstep I hope he brings those ink pads. Chances are he's going to the park with the rest of my family and the only thing colored will be the eggs! Great job Dan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails