Saturday 13 March 2010

Freebie #48 - Plaques and Shields

[Edit - I've started to make my files available from my blog again and am adding a new set each week. Check out the "Cutting Files" tab at the top of the page to see which ones are available for download.]

Looking back through the freebies I've given away here in the past, I've come to the conclusion that most of the files I design are intended to be the base of a project rather than the decoration for a project. This probably reflects the way in which I mainly use my Cricut - I've got lots of stamps and brads and ribbon and embellishments, what I need is something nice to put them on! :) This weeks collection is no exception to that rule!

Hopefully you'll find all kinds of uses for these plaques and shields. Pictured right is one that I cut out and decorated earlier in the week (yes, I know that shape isn't in this collection, but you get the general idea! lol) Use them as fun pages in a mini-book or as mattes for photos on a scrapbook page. Why not use them as tags, a nice change from the usual shapes we usually see!

Please remember
you are only allowed to download this file for your own use and may not distribute it to others in any form. I spend a great deal of time creating my designs, please respect the terms under which they are given.

Again, this template will be "live" for 1 week. Next week it will be taken down, and new ones will replace it. Don't forget, if you have any requests, pass them on! I can't promise, but I will take suggestions into account when planning future templates.

These files may not be uploaded to a group, forum or website for sale or redistribution, or shared among individuals. They are expressly for the personal use of each person that downloads them from this blog.

There are 4 files and I have put them into a zip file to make downloading easier. After saving it, open in the usual way, and drag the files out onto your desktop or wherever you wish to save them.

There are 2 versions of each template:
  • An SVG version which can be imported into the Sure Cuts a Lot or Make the Cut program and then cut out on your Cricut.
  • A DXF version which is Craft Robo friendly, and ready to be imported into your Robomaster software (I'm not a Robo user, so if there are any problems with this, please let me know!)
Simply click on the appropriate button below to download the file!

Any feedback on the templates is more than welcome, and if you have any suggestions for possible future templates you'd like to see, please let me know! If you make anything using one of the templates, please post a link to it here so that others can be inspired by how you've used them!

I hope you like the templates - let me know how you get on! :)

Templates © dan99crafter@gmail.com 2010

21 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your files look great...but your creation....it's AMAZING!!!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks Dan - this will be a very useful file!

Karen said...

Another fantastic freebie. Thank you so much x x x

Rockin Robin Caldwell said...

Thanks for the file Dan. This should be an interesting "play". Can't wait to see the finished accordian book!! You are so flippin' creative. I think you might be the British version of "Lord Tim of Holtz" (but better cuz you can make SCAL files and he can't...bet he would if he could though). Hugs, Rockin Robin

Jill said...

Thanks Dan!

Lisa Avolio said...

Thanks for the file and the ideas for using it. You are so good at decorating these! I bought myself a 3 pack of Ranger inks today, all because of you. I look forward to playing with all of this.

Saskia said...

Thanks for sharing!

Dealbaida said...

Many thanks Dan. Hope I can do justice to your great designs.

Marion

Annette Goodey said...

Many thanks Dan - a very useful package of shapes.
One thing I should find very useful are some ornate corners! I can't remember if you have ever produced any.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab fab fab...I just usually use a toothbrush to deal with plaque *ROFL*...thanks for the freeebieeee...one day I will learn how to download them and use them LOL .. SYNS xx

Kerry said...

Dan - as usual, an awesome, absolutely wonderful file! I can see many uses for this svg. Thank you so very much for your generosity. Kerry Peasland

Glen said...

You are so generous Dan and I appreciate you sharing your talents. Thank you so much for the latest freebie. Am loving your work - but that 'ugly' looking creature - 'the boy' is more like a Halloween type project IMO! LOL. ~Glen~

Anonymous said...

Hey dan, thanks for the files! great basic shapes. I like your crafted project, did you know rubberstampmadness is looking for Alice in Wonderland themed artwork? You should submit it! I don't know if it is a hassell to post stuff to the US but it is fun to see your work in print! deets are on their website:)
Best,
Lindsay

Cathie in UT said...

Thanks Dan I can see these being used for my Scottish festival "stuff" this summer!
You're the greatest

Daniel August said...

I love your art, and in so many ways it seems similar to Tim Holtz' art. But at the same time, you have your own personal style, and in a way, another interpretation of it.

dan!el

Margie said...

Grreat files-so glad you're back!

Angela Mclean said...

Thanks so much for these shields.... awesome!!!
Angela xxx

Tami Putvin said...

Fabulous file Dan thank you so much for sharing..

Traceyr said...

Thank you Dan for this will try it with the robo tomorrow. :)

Catherine said...

Another fab file .. thanks Dan

cal8007 said...

Thanks for your freebie, Dan! I'll find some use for these.

Carmen L

Related Posts with Thumbnails