Friday 16 March 2012

Butcher Boys Out on the Town

Another chance today to play around with the circles stencils I cut yesterday.  Whereas I used distress stains with them, today I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints, dabbed on the stencil with an ink blending tool.  I love Claudine's paints, they're so richly pigmented that you can use the tiniest amount and still get a good strong colour from it.  When I got them, my first impression was that the bottles were small and they wouldn't last long, but I couldn't have been further from the truth!  At the rate I'm using them, they're going to last me ages.

I stencilled the large circles in yellow and the small ones in red.  The nice thing about using the ink blending tool is that you can fade out the paint at the edges to give a graduated result.  The green and blue paint were applied with a craft scraper (kind of like using a palette knife I guess).  At the end of the day, I had fun making this card, and that's the main thing, right? :)

6 comments :

Emilie said...

I love it!!! Those circles are great and now I feel the need for some new paint...

fatmonica said...

I love that background-and the image is fabulous.Where's it from?

Nancy Wethington said...

Great card Dan and love that image!

Sherry said...

Great card, I like the stamp and your title is amusing. It has a ghostly feel about it - a great contrast to the strong stencilled colours.

Sue Jones said...

What a great fun card :)Sounds like it was fun to make as well.

Emy said...

Lovely card. I love the vibrant background :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails