Wednesday 12 May 2010

Gingersnap Creations Challenge: Pencils

A new challenge has started on the Gingersnap Creations Blog today and the theme is Pencils.

Immediately I thought of that expression "I've seen more fat on a butcher's pencil" (I know, I know! Let's not get started on how my mind works!). Lost Coast Designs came up trumps for this piece, as both the pencils and the 3 waiters (who I turned into butchers) came from their collection. The text was computer printed, the brad was not :)

The pencils were stamped first, then masked off while I stamped the 3 butchers. The aprons were cut from white card, coloured and glued onto the tag. The pencils and background were coloured with promarkers and the tag was lightly edged with Fired Brick distress ink.

Check out the Gingersnap Creations blog to see the fun ways in which the other Design Team members have interpreted the theme! :)

13 comments :

Cath Wilson said...

Absolutely wonderful. Am amazed you didn't computer generate the brad, though (tongue very firmly in cheek, lol). Love your humour, the images and your adaptation of them!

Kirsti said...

I love this - I used to get that said to me all the time when I was young(er)!!! Not any more tho...lol

Nigel said...

Love the humour in this piece, and I haven't heard that saying for a while now :)

Dorothy said...

Amazing Dan!!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Obviously you were thinking of me when you made that statement ROFL... love your take on the challeng...if only I could find my set of pencil stamps I could join in too LOL Hope all is well with you chuck x

Jean Franks Beck said...

Toooo funny, Dan!! Fabulous piece!

Laura said...

Fantastic Dan. Great stamp and I like how we have used it so differently.

misteejay said...

Fab tag Dan - love those pencils.

Toni :o)

Katy said...

This made me smile Dan!

TinaB said...

Absolutely stunning!! Great colours xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one - it suits my warped sense of humor very well, and the use of non-cute images is pure bonus - and pure genius!

Mary Anne

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

This makes me so happy. I absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag! Love that quote and the butcher's aprons are a great touch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails