Tuesday 21 April 2009

More Index Cards

Here are some more of the stamped index cards I've been making, taking the chance to get used to the new(ish) Tim Holtz stamps I got.

The second one, with the bird, I stamped the bird first in black or dark brown (I forget now), and then painted the stamp with red acrylic paint and stamped on top of the first image, knowing that it wouldn't line up perfectly, but wanting that effect anyway. As it turned out, I didn't like the result, so I took a moist baby wipe and spread the red paint around the card, giving the effect in the bottom half of it. Remember, there is no such thing as a mistake, just a happy accident! LOL

Not much else to say about them apart from that! :)

18 comments :

Dorothy said...

Beautiful job Dan!!
Very inspiring!
Dorothy

SusyC said...

Just checked in and really glad to see you back Dan the Man. Hope things are good with you now. x

Tammy said...

Glad you're back crafting again and sharing it with us.

Pippa said...

Very nice, like these alot.

Pippa

misteejay said...

Lovely.

Toni :o)

June said...

Fab stuff as always Dan. I love the floral flourish.
ALl of them would look fab on a tshirt!
June x

voodoo vixen said...

Would you like a trip to Saudi?? I signed up for another jigsaw swap and have the pieces gessoed... ready for you to work some magic on them!! ??? No? Oh well, mud pie time then!! LOL

Jess said...

I have to learn how to do this. :) Such great work.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Fabulous work Dan ... as always XXX

Brian K said...

These are awesome! Sooo glad your back! Can you tell we missed you?

Anonymous said...

Well.....WELCOME BACK DAN!!!!

Nice to see your doing well and back to crafting!!!

You were missed!

Michelle

Mellou said...

So nice!
I like them!

Hels Sheridan said...

Haivng seen these in the flesh (I am so lucky to actually have witnessed them being created *brag, brag*) The photo's don't do them justice as the depth of colour you achieved doesn't show up...they are beautiful Dan and I cannot wait to see more....oh, and BTW, you left your blending foam and tool here....found them yesterday!! Hugs hun xx

Mariannes gjenbruk said...

Beautiful Dan! Good too have you back ;-)

Linda from Vegas said...

Beautiful as always Dan. Welcome back, you have been missed very much. Hope you are feeling better and all the tooth issues are gone.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the index cards Dan :) Good to see you back
Anne x

CraftyC said...

Hello Dan, thought I'd drop by and say a big Hello to you. I love the colours on these, the dotty one is my favourite!
Clairex

Helen B said...

your stuff is fantastic and very inspirational

Related Posts with Thumbnails