I've made this for my friend Hel's weekly pocket challenge. I've decided again to stamp onto patterned paper for this one, and I'm enjoying that aspect of these, it's not something I've done much of in the past.
I've had a few briefcase closures in my embellishment box for the longest time, with no idea if or how I'd ever use them. This project was a perfect opportunity!
After cutting out the pocket shape in white card, I covered both sides with PP (from Costco). The ruler stamp was applied to the outer edge with black versafine ink, then tinted with fired brick distress ink. I printed the title text from the computer and then fixed the bookplate and fastening in place and sanded the edges of the pocket.
All the stamping inside was either with black versafine, fired brick or aged mahogany distress pads.
I won't go into detail regarding most of the stamping, there's nothing out of the ordinary about it. The text on the loose paper below the american "quarter" coin was stamped onto PP, then I used white acrylic paint, applied with my finger, to "knock back" the green-ness of the paper.
The coins were fixed in place with glossy accents, and the "mum" was written in my own fair hand :o)
Not much else to say really! I hope you like it, click on the images for a better view.