Thursday 3 July 2008

Things that money can't buy

I've made this for my friend Hel's weekly pocket challenge. I've decided again to stamp onto patterned paper for this one, and I'm enjoying that aspect of these, it's not something I've done much of in the past.

I've had a few briefcase closures in my embellishment box for the longest time, with no idea if or how I'd ever use them. This project was a perfect opportunity!

After cutting out the pocket shape in white card, I covered both sides with PP (from Costco). The ruler stamp was applied to the outer edge with black versafine ink, then tinted with fired brick distress ink. I printed the title text from the computer and then fixed the bookplate and fastening in place and sanded the edges of the pocket.

All the stamping inside was either with black versafine, fired brick or aged mahogany distress pads.

I won't go into detail regarding most of the stamping, there's nothing out of the ordinary about it. The text on the loose paper below the american "quarter" coin was stamped onto PP, then I used white acrylic paint, applied with my finger, to "knock back" the green-ness of the paper.

The coins were fixed in place with glossy accents, and the "mum" was written in my own fair hand :o)

Not much else to say really! I hope you like it, click on the images for a better view.

15 comments :

Linda said...

Fabulous Dan, love it! :)

Anonymous said...

so very cleaver - love it

Anonymous said...

fighting with keyboard - again - so very clever!

Jaqi said...

oh Dan this is lovely, I love this, it would make a wonderful keepsake for someone. Thanks for sharing, Jaqi

Andrea said...

its just brilliant Dan, them papers seem just fabby and you have crammed a great lot in to your pocket x

Denise said...

Award waiting for you on my Blog - looks like someone got there before me too ! see you are so popular and very talented , Love the pocket project x

Paul B said...

Thx for the award Dan :) very kind of you

Great pocket, love the use of the clasp (I know what you mean about having odds and ends around that are awaiting the perfect use). It has a cosy vintage style to it which looks inviting.

Px

Anonymous said...

Another brilliant piece of artwork Dan :0) x

misteejay said...

Wow, this is fab. It's true, money could never buy the thought and care you have put into this.

By the way Dan, I can spell "looks" although you would never know it from my comment on your decoration post - my excuse...my fingers are not fully engaged with my brain LOL

Toni :o)

Angie C said...

Totally gorgeous Dan - another fantastic piece of art

Unknown said...

This is stunning - I love it XXX

Hels Sheridan said...

I left a comment earlier and it isn't here so I am back to leave another!! Love this Pocket Dan, especially your handwriting which makes it so much more personal :O) Thanks for joining in x

Minxy said...

Wowzer, now thats what i call a pocket, stunning work Dan x adore the closure too :O)

voodoo vixen said...

Love this pocket!!

stamp and scrape said...

This is fabulous, Dan. I've spent ages reading all the words, and admiring the embellishments.
Ros

Related Posts with Thumbnails