Tuesday, 8 July 2008
A bit of a dog's breakfast!
... as we say in the UK, or in other words, a mess!
As those of you who read my blog regularly will know, I don't always upload the successful pieces here, from time to time I also show the failures, as I feel there is some value to be gained in sharing those too. This counts as one of them :o)
I was making a tag for a book I have in mind, and found a piece of white card lying on my desk that had a slight sheen to it, so thought I'd cut that down to size and use that.
The first thing I did was stamp the house (actually it's an old fashioned store) with black versafine. It stamped absolutely beautifully! The black was very dark and the detail was amazing. And that's when the trouble started - it just wouldn't dry, despite ironing it, and heat tooling it, as soon as I rubbed it with a piece of kitchen paper, the whole thing just came off. Add to this that distress ink just sank straight into the card and could hardly be moved around at all, things just went from bad to worse, lol
This cardstock is actually posterboard from Staples. We don't have it here in the UK (as far as I know), but I got it in a branch near Vancouver last year and used it for the Christmas fat pages I made while I was there. The technique I used on the background of those pages was perfect for this cardstock (you can see examples here and here).
Anyway, I guess you live and learn :) I guess I hope you like it, lol Click on the tag for a larger view.