Friday 4 July 2008

18 & 19 Dan Street


Phew!! Houses # 18 and 19 finally finished... only got 20 and 21 to go! This has become a more major undertaking than climbing Mount Everest!!! I'm absolutely exhausted from making all these houses!! Who would ever have thought that it could be so completely physically draining???

Of course, those among you with your fingers on the pulse will know that the previous paragraph is just a pathetic pretense. I have actually finished ALL of the houses already, and they were ALL sent off to the swap organiser on Wednesday!! AND they were a joy to make! You wouldn't deny me a bit of dramatic artistic license now, would you?

And anyway, my friend Kate, right? You know, Kate that I used to teach with in the college for the deaf all those years ago. Kate! Yes, the one that I used to go to Disney with every year with her and her kids, that one. Well, anyway anyway... Her sister Grania? You know, Grania, the horsey one that lived in Ireland all those years and was the editor of a countryside magazine? Well, anyway, Grania actually HAS climbed Mount Everest (check amazon for Grania Willis if you don't believe me!), and I'm sure she'd say it was harder than making a few houses out of card. But anyway, you're deliberately trying to distract me, you mischevious so-and-so!! I digress...

More stamping, hand painting, ink blending tomfoolery on these houses. You know, the kind of thing that is the bread and butter of this blog! Anyway anyway, I hope you like em! Click on the image for a better view :o)

11 comments :

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

So... Dan are you saying that making 20 houses was as hard as climbing Mount Everest?LOL! I think they are fab, cannot wait to see the last one. Jennie x

Dawny P said...

Hey Dan - just found your brilliant blog via another fab blogger and wow - loving the stuff on here.I've put a link to here from my blog - hope that's cool with you - and will keep coming back here to see what's new. It's nice to see what the men out there can do xx

Andrea said...

Dan you need to spend all week in bed now so you can recover from your ordeal, that climb was certainly worth it, these houses have been fantastic and a pleasure to stroll down your street, I look forward to seeing the remainder :-)please keep yout talented artwork coming xx

elliemook said...

Love the latest additions to your street x

Unknown said...

I thought you were looking fit last time I saw you ;0) Fabulous work XXX

Anonymous said...

Fab houses Dan! You have an award waiting for you on my blog! xx

Anonymous said...

Dan - I love your blog and also love the great templates, actually I was up early today feeding the baby and thought I would be smart and download last weeks template before you added the new one and you beat me too it, so had to do the ironing instead!!

Could your friend in Ireland be called Grainne?

Keep posting - you put a smile on my face....

Anonymous said...

Love the houses again Dan :-D. And have discovered you can be quite amusing with your ramblings actually haha (come to think of it you have made witty comments on theforum)

Luv Little Lion x

jay670120 said...

havent been on your blog for a while . still great work . FAB x

John Dyhouse said...

Love these houses, I have been looking at several shaped ATC's just recently and hoped you wouldn't mind if I used a shape like this for some of my own. I will of course makae a citation to this blog as the inspiration.

BTW nice to find another crafter of the opposite gender

JOhn

Dawn said...

Dan these are stunning images especially that tree and love the colours

Dawn

Related Posts with Thumbnails