Monday 30 April 2012

Flying South for the Winter


This weeks theme on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "a kaleidoscope of colour".  I was lucky enough to get to try out some art materials by Faber-Castell on this piece. 

They do a "big brush stamper pen" which is a large, brush-tipped india ink marker which can be coloured right onto a stamp.  I used a red (geranium) and a blue to stamp the birds and damask border and they work a treat! :)  They also make a crayon-y kind of thing called gelatos, which are great because they can be blended with water.  I used 4 colours on my background, spritzed it and then blended them with my finger.  I used the chocolate gelato to antique the compasses I used too.  I can see me using both the gelatos and the stamper's pens in the future! :)

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

7 comments :

misteejay said...

Great project Dan and those products certainly give a different 'finish'.

Toni xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely idea for a project Dan, love the background combined with the vibrant birds, lovely. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Dan...great use of the Faber Castell products. Love your design. <3 Candy

Emy said...

Love all the layers of colours :)

Unknown said...

I love the compass stamp and the two colours together look great :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Dan!! I really love the layout and the combination of the birds and compasses 'flying south' :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

vixen said...

Love the colour great Project :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails