After you've read the technique on Tim's blog, I'm sure you'll have no trouble working out how I made this card. The only thing that might not be so clear is how I made the dark brown lines that run through the panels. Quite simply, I just folded a panel where I wanted a line, and rubbed the edge of the fold with an ink blending tool loaded with Walnut Stain distress ink, finally flattening the panel again.
Please bear in mind that although I have listed the products I've used, there is absolutely no reason why you can't try this with the things you already have in your craft stash!
List of products used:
- Distress Ink Pads in Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Fired Brick and Walnut Stain.
- Top Boss tinted embossing ink pad
- Clear Detail Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Ink Blending tool with foam pads.
- Tim Holts stamp sets: Going Somewhere, World Traveler and Creative Muse.
By the way, if you love Tim's grungy style, you'll definitely love the All Things Tim yahoo group! They even have a Grungy Monday file area where you can upload your work for the group to admire, and in turn, you can gain ideas and inspiration from the other group members. Why not give it a look, it's free! (and awesome!) :)