Thursday, 9 June 2011

Cardswap Card 1

I've recently taken part in a card swap for which I had to make 8 cards, and here is the first of them.  I recently bought a pack of 5 rolls of number themed adhesive paper tape and used a strip of one of them on this card.  As for the main panel, I wanted the background to look quite "painterly", so after stamping the main figure I used a small artists paintbrush to paint a mixture of Wild Honey distress ink and water as the background.  The small brush left lots of brush stroke patterns behind, which was just what I was hoping for.  Once it was dry, I used an ink blending too with Barn Door distress ink around the edges of the panel.  The figure was stamped with Versafine ink and painted with distress inks and water.

Next card tomorrow! :)

8 comments :

misteejay said...

Great card Dan - that painted background looks fab.

Toni :o)

Gabby said...

Great card, Dan! I love your "painted" background! The shading around the guy is awesome. You can't go wrong with tape measure paper/ribbon/tape! :)

C. Camp said...

Lovely card.

Emy said...

Looks great and so fun :)

fatmonica said...

It's a great card.The background is brilliant so well done having the patience to paint that!

Claireliz said...

Love that Dan, great colours.
C xx

Michelle said...

Your such a talented bundle of a man! Wow I love that card!

Marjie Kemper said...

Ooooh, loving that painted background. Very cool effect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails