Thursday 30 April 2009

Video Tutorial - Creating a Mother's Day Card in Inkscape

Someone on one of the Cricut groups I belong to asked for some help in making an SVG design she had into a Mother's Day Card. Upon looking at the file I realised there were a few issues with it that might not make it perfect for using in that way.

I created this video for her to show how to alter the file so that it would make a better card, and I include the SVG of the end result here. The original file came from someone else's blog so I can't distribute it here unfortunately, but if you want to mess around trying some of the things I demonstrate, you can use the file I've included on this page!

I hope you find it useful! :)

To see a full screen version, click here.



If you'd like a copy of the file that I produced at the end, you can get it by right clicking and saving here.

18 comments :

Anonymous said...

Dan, Thanks for sharing this video. You make this look so easy. I will give it a try now that I feel pretty comfortable with it.
Gale M. in Louisiana
gashan@bellsouth.net

DragonSlayer - Sarah said...

AWESOME!! You always make it seem so easy to do... thanks for making a tutorial video- it is much easier to understand when you can see what you are doing instead of just reading it.

:-) :-) :-)

Thanks a bunch for all you do!!

boliver said...

Thanks for the lovely tutorial and the file. Glad that you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Dan, Thank you for another tutorial video. These are so helpful.

Lady Dawn said...

Dan Thanks for the new tutorial and so nice to hear your smiling voice again, you were missed in case you didn't know!

Tammy E. said...

Dan, you're the best! Your videos are so helpful. Thank you! And welcome back!

kkrewtea said...

Another brilliant tutorial! Thanks Dan...

Dorothy said...

Wow, you do make it look so easy!
I forgot about the guide lines.
Dorothy

JY White said...

Dan, love these tutorials so much. Glad to have you back.

Tammy said...

Wow! You make that look so easy. I was just looking for grid lines the other day to line up some things. Now I know where to find them. Thanks!

cal8007 said...

Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial and posting it for us. It is so simple when I see it done. I can make one too now!

Carmen

Saskia said...

Thanks Dan for this great tutorial, glad you are back!

Saskia
Netherlands

Crafty Sue said...

Dan, thank you so much for sharing your tutorials. I too am a big fan of yours. Hopefully I can give back someday.

Anonymous said...

ohh you always make this all look so easy!!! I love your videos!! thanks so much for sharing!!
lesliefolks

Anonymous said...

Dan you are AMAZING! Thanks so much.

Jenni said...

Thanks Dan - that was such an easy to understand tutorial. I bouhgt a craft robo 2 years ago and have never used it! but I think I shall go through all your tutorials and then bite the bullet

Jenni

Krissy said...

my head exploded on that video. looks like i've got a lot of learning, trial & errors to go for a while. and i thought i was smart.

Eleanor said...

Very useful! I hope you don't mind a posted a link to this tutorial on my site... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails