Monday 28 July 2014

J...j...j...j...journal!


The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is "J is for...".  A few weeks ago I wrote about how much I love my Dylusions Art Journal and that I was going to try to use it more often.  Given that, how could "J" be anything other than a journal page for me this week?  I'm sure you have loads of creative "J"-related ideas yourself, why not enter the challenge?  Remember, you could be the winner of a $50 voucher to shop at Simon Says Stamp!

I started out by stamping the pale dots on the left using the Mixed Media stamp set and a Hero Arts white ink pad.  Once they'd dried I blended distress inks over the top, rubbing in a few places with a wet-wipe to lift some of the dots and blend the colours.  I dropped some splats of water in places and used a white pen to hand-draw the design in the bottom corner.  The large circles from the Psychedelic Grunge set were stamped with Barn Door distress ink.  The phrase "Leave ordinary behind" is from the Random Quotes set.

The red dots were stamped with Fired Brick distress ink and the backwards text from the Reflections set was stamped with black Archival ink.  Simon Says Stamp sell some great, vintage dictionary pages, so I used one of those as the base for the stamped face from the Daydream set, which I then cut out and fixed in place.  The "silent" gag is cut from dictionary paper, coloured with Fired Brick ink and then hand-drawn with a white pen.

Supplies I used included:

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

50dollar_voucher_600px










Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

7 comments :

barbarayaya62 said...

J is for journal for me too! I love it that you have your absolutely personal style in your journal! The idea of the word Silent is fabulous! BArbarayaya

Suzanne C said...

The color palette is so pretty and the graphic design is cool.

Meihsia Liu said...

Beautiful colors! Love your creation. :)

misteejay said...

Super creativity Dan. Love the completed item.

Toni xx

Anna-Karin said...

Stunning page Dan! The layers of dots and circles are great.

Stephanie said...

Wow! Cool page, Dan! I see you're really getting into art journaling now!

I love the texture and colors on the page!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic piece of journalling - I love the silencing of her mouth, and brilliant circles and dots - and the red is fantastic. Love this page!
Alison x

Related Posts with Thumbnails