Monday 9 June 2014

Painting the town red. And other colours too.


The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is "Paint".  I almost went with the wonderful new Dina Wakley paints, but in the end I opted for Distress Paints.  Why not get all painty yourself and enter the Challenge - you could be the winner of a $50 voucher to shop at Simon Says Stamp.

I wanted my paints to really blur together well so I gave my card a good spritzing with water before dabbing on Barn Door, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn paints - a really summery palette and brighter than usual for me, not a hint of brown in sight!  I also used Rusty Hinge distress paint on my speckle stamp at the left side of the card.

I love this photo of these vintage men, I can't help but wonder what the occasion was!  It's taken from a sheet from the French Industrial stack.  Don't ask me why I crossed out their eyes - it just seemed to be the right thing to do at the time!  As a final touch I added the sentiment across the top from the World Traveler stamp set.



Supplies I used included:

World Traveler Stamp Set

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

50dollar_voucher_600px










Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

2 comments :

misteejay said...

Love the speckled effect Dan.

Toni xx

Stephanie said...

Cool effects and concept!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Related Posts with Thumbnails