Monday 23 December 2013

Merrily We Roll Along!


This week over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is a "no challenge" week, we're taking a little break for the holidays - I'm sure you're also busy with your holiday celebrations!  We members of the design team have used the opportunity to share some of our holiday makes for this season, in particular showcasing Tim Holtz stamps.  This was a particularly easy theme for me, Tim Holtz stamps are always the ones I reach for first when I'm feeling creative!

As you may have gathered from other posts I've made recently, I'm really enjoying the rustic/kraft look this Christmas and for that reason I've chosen the wrapping papers shown here, a foundation of kraft paper overprinted with vintage inspired holiday designs.  Having said that, the stripe, damask and star designs really do lend themselves to other times of the year too.

In order to co-ordinate with my gift papers I decided to make accompanying tags from kraft cardstock (Bazzill) and to feature some of the Tim Holtz holiday blueprint designs, their hand-drawn feel really works well on a kraft substrate.

All images were stamped with Memento Black ink and coloured with Promarkers with a little stickles in places for extra holiday bling!  Parts of the ornament and ice skate were also stamped on white card, cut out and fixed to the tags.

That's it from me for today apart from wishing you all a warm and wonderful holiday season filled with friendship, family and all manner of good things!

 Supplies I used included:

Of course, the great thing about an online retailer like Simon Says Stamp is is that their store is open 24/7, 365 days a year, so why not head over there and treat yourself to a little holiday gift?

Merry Christmas from Simon Says Stamp











Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

9 comments :

misteejay said...

Merry Christmas Dan - hope you have a wonderful time.

I love your gift tags - the style of those stamps is just so perfect for kraft CS.

Wishing you all the best.

Toni xx

Anna-Karin said...

These are great Dan! And you are so right, the blueprint stamps look fabulous on kraft. Merry Christmas!!

slbt17 said...

Dan - these are wonderful!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sandra ltb

Words and Pictures said...

Just love colour/white on kraft, so these are right up my street - fab!

Wishing you and yours the merriest of Christmases!
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love the Kraft you have been using on your designs Dan, they work perfectly for Christmas and with the imagery you used. Happy Christmas. Tracy x

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant kraft tags! They are going to be perfect on the presents. Merry Merry Christmas! Happy and blessed New Year!

Meihsia Liu said...

These tags are beautiful, Dan. Wish you and your family a merry Christmas and happy holidays. :)

Janeen said...

merry Christmas Dan. I am glad I made you laugh with my vintage comment. :) I have ten years on you! We're just getting ripe, we aren't vintage yet, are we?

I really like these tags. I have so few Tim holtz stamps but love the distress inks.

Candy C said...

Wow Dan....did I learn something! The blueprint stamps are amazing on Kraft paper! :) Love your array of designs. I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas! <3 Candy

Related Posts with Thumbnails