Monday 14 January 2013

A little bit of lace


The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "Lace/Doily".  I thought about hunting down some lace to use for this project, but let's face it, it's not really in keeping with my usual style, so I put on my thinking cap and pondered on other ways I might meet the challenge.  I finally decided to use paper string to lace (geddit?) together the panels of this travel themed piece.


Some of the panels are from the Destinations paper stash and others were stamped with images from the Road Trip and Remnants stamp sets.  All images were coloured with Promarkers and the holes were all punched perfectly at the same depth by courtesy of the Crop-a-dile!


Supplies I used included:


Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

15 comments :

Debi said...

this is such a great creation dan, so much to see, and i love your take on lace :) debi x

misteejay said...

Great way to deal with the 'lace' but keeping true to your style - super project Dan.

Toni xx

Dorothy said...

Very cool Dan!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very clever interpretation of the challenge Dan. I love how you think outside the box. Love your style which oozes in this piece. Love it. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous piece Dan and such a great idea. Love how you used those stamps.

Suzanne C said...

Always Oh so clever! Love the laced pieces and very clever way to lace up this project!

Sandra said...

What a creative interpretation of the challenge, Dan! Love the colored stamps! Hugs, Sandra

Words and Pictures said...

Just fantastic, Dan - the urban grunge version of lace rocks!!
Alison x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool cross stitching, Dan! I also love the bright pop of red on your project!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You are brilliant!!! I love your laced up collage! WOW! Pinning it too!

Maura said...

Awesome! Love your take on this!

Candy C said...

Dan...I love your manly spin on this challenge. The literal "lacing" of the collage pieces is brilliant! As always, I so love your bright, vibrant use of color. Beautiful collage work! <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

I've looked through all your works and they are fantastic. You are very talented. I'd be happy if I'd just got 10% of your gift.

Laurart said...

Very clever different take on the lace theme. It is amazing! I really like it! xxxxxx

Weezy said...

Your take on the 'lace' theme is just brilliant, love your creative thinking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails