Monday 31 December 2012

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family!

The theme over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is "Mad Tea Party", which is to say "anything goes"!  I'm embarrassed to say that the holiday craziness has meant that I had no time to make anything this time, but I thought I'd share a family heirloom with you.  When I was up in the attic searching for the Christmas lights I came across this old family photo album.  The text is a little small in these photos, but if you click on them you can see a better view.


I must take this over to my mother and see if she knows anything about who these people are or who compiled the album - I'll let you know if I find out anything interesting! :)  Obviously this is a genuine family heirloom containing photos of my real ancestors, so you could never hope to copy it, but if you wanted to create something similar, I've drawn up a list of the type of things that you could, perhaps, use.

Supplies I used included:

Our ever-generous sponsor Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher as the prize again this week, just make something for the challenge and you could the winner! The winner will be chosen at random from those who enter the challenge, so why not give it a try? At the very least why not head over to the Challenge Blog to see how the other members of the design team have interpreted this weeks theme! :)

Don't forget, Simon Says Stamp have a great Facebook page too!  Check them out here!

15 comments :

misteejay said...

Dan, it was such fun to read the contents of your 'family' album.

Hope you have had a great Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2013.

Toni xx

Sandra said...

Oh Dan, this album is fantastic! What a wonferful and interesting family you have! Wish you a very happy 2013! That it may be a creative one! Hugs, Sandra

Hels Sheridan said...

Ah, I sit and howl with laughter... another Dan masterpiece... LOVE IT... thanks for sharing! Happy New Year xx

Andrea said...

I can see the family resemblance in many of these pictures Dan, what an AMAZING family album and certainly one to treasure, was a brilliant insight to your folks and I to really can not understand why Mama did not want to go out, have a great new year Dan and chat soon xx

Dorothy said...

Awesome Dan!

Suzanne C said...

Hilarious! Love it! Brilliant idea Dan and you must let us know if your Mother was willing to claim anyone! A very Happy New Year to you!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So funny Dan, love it, cannot wait to hear if your mum can recognise anyone lol. Love your sense of humour. Your heirloom is perfect. Happy New Year. Tracy x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool album, Dan! I just love the pops of color you add to your pieces!

Happy New Year!
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Candy C said...

Here you go again, Dan! I love your sense of humor! Your funky family photo album is so cute and so creative! Now I understand where your talent comes from....haha. Happy New Year, my friend. <3 Candy

voodoo vixen said...

Oh that more family albums were as honest as yours!! I think it would make for much funnier and insightful reading and help the family tree makers out no end!!

Maura said...

Love your sense of humor! There's nothing like adopting a family for your past.

Words and Pictures said...

You certainly have a fascinating "family" - heirlooms in the attic and skeletons in the closet, I'd say! Fabulous, and hilarious!
Alison x

Terry said...

WOwwwzersss Dan what a fabulous piece of ART I love it its just amazing andddddd did your mom figure out who the people are on the picture>?
Have a Happy New Year Dan xxxx Terry

Glen said...

I have been playing blog catchup after a 'dry' spell over the Christmas period. Love the album Dan. Happy New Year to you. ~Glen~

Julian said...

Beyond fantastic - this piece is the essence of "Dan." You are a wonderful artist.

Related Posts with Thumbnails