Friday 6 November 2009

Psychodelic Something-or-other!

Here's the last of the 3 tags I made on Tuesday. On this one, I rubbed Fired Brick, Mustard Seed and Brushed Corduroy ink pads onto a non-stick craft sheet and then spritzed it with water. I laid the tag down onto the inky mess and then picked it up and dried it. I repeated these steps twice more, to give the funky psychodelic background you see here.

I overstamped with a Wendy Vecchi background stamp in Walnut Stain (I think) and stamped the corner designs (I think the corner stamps are by Autumn Leaves but I can't be sure!). I coloured the corner designs with lime green and aqua promarkers. The "Mort had a pin curl" figures were stamped separately with a black Memento ink pad and shaded with pale grey promarkers before being cut out and adhered to the tag. They were then outlined with a mid grey promarker to give them a little more "pop".

Phew, I think that's everything! :)

19 comments :

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab tag and I had the pleasure of watching this evolve...but I have to say...that little Mort doesn't half look like Linda LOL

TinaB said...

i think it's my fav of them all, love the colour's used x

misteejay said...

I do love the backgrounds you have created for Mort over recent weeks. Fab tag Dan.

Toni :o)

Laura said...

Stunning background. So very effective. Shall have to try this again, smooshing on mat, haven't done it for a while. And you just can't beat these Stampotique stamps. Really loving using them at the moment.

Unknown said...

Mmmm ... I am trying oh so hard to ignore Hels' comment ... I just wanted to say that ... that back ground is delicious ... the grey highlights on Mort really do make the image pop and finally ... if Hels was watching ... well I can see where your inspiration for another cute and ugly Mort with a pin curl came from :0)

Andrea said...

just beautiful artwork Dan and having seen it made I know just how much work goes into it x

ukmaryanne said...

Love the background, love little Mort (but you know that) and the tag is gorgeous in the extreme.

My "craft sheet" is a teflon baking sheet from the grocery store so it's black rather than a colour where you can actually SEE what you are doing. Cheapskate tho' I am I may have to pop for an official one. I also seem to misplace it continuously, find it when I don;t need it, then promptly forget where I left it Grrr.

Dorothy said...

Great Tag Dan!!

Kim said...

I love your style, it is so wonderfully different1

Sandra Hall said...

Hi Dan, I met you (briefly at Artsycraft weekend) Love your tag background and the mort images.. especially the shading bit, which I've learned recently! It really does make images pop. x

Kay said...

That background is fab, and you are gradually persuading me that I will have to get me a Mort LOL

froebelsternchen said...

stunning tag!

Pia said...

Fab tag

Anonymous said...

how fun!!!

Traceyr said...

Love the use of colours here - wonderful project. :)

Beth said...

I love it, you are very talented.

Anonymous said...

brilliant layering of colour and stamps dan!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Awesome colors. I could have sworn you are Tim Holtz incognito. ;-)))

xoxo,
Aimeslee

Sue said...

Come back, missing your most excellent art work!! Sue

Related Posts with Thumbnails